Sunday, September 16, 2018

Blog Name-Mental Health Diagnosis Info

Hey Y'all, keeping this post at the top on the side for Blog Name and Mental Health Diagnosis Info Update. This post will stay here for now. 

Y'all  know me as the Bipolar Crafter. But about 9 years ago my Psych Doctor changed my Mental Health diagnosis from Rapid Cycling Bipolar II, to Schizoaffective Disorder. And my diagnosis changed again February 2017 to Schizophrenia.

It took lots of talking in counseling sessions, talks with my psychiatrist and his colleague who is also a psychiatrist, lots of questionnaires and assorted other mental health tests, and of course medication changes and adjustments for my diagnosis change just to get my diagnosis changed to Schizoaffective Disorder. He was working with me on doing the fancy shmancy questionnaires to qualify me for another diagnosis change. But because I moved out of State, I didn't qualify for him to make that change because it had to be 6 months apart from the initial change of diagnosis and it had only been 4 months. So, now, taking into consideration everything from my records from my past 3 Psychiatrists and 2 Counselors, my current Psychiatric APRN is the one who has now changed my diagnosis to Schizophrenia because of my symptoms and with all the medications and counseling and such, my overall mental health issues and my symptoms aren't getting better with medication dose changes and medication management. When it gets to the point to where one has to be on 7 psych meds just to halfway help dull the symptoms I have it can be very easy for any dr. or APRN to diagnose someone. 

So, as far as my blog goes, I was contemplating changing my blog name but after some input from my Hubby Hazen, friends and followers, I decided to keep it the same. So, just know, I'm Schizophrenic, so for now my blog name will be staying the same.

This decision doesn't come lightly, because I really don't like to be misleading; however, I still like my original name of "Bipolar Crafter" because it does flow well, and plus I have it copy-written as well. In addition, the name and saying of Inspired by my Insanity is copy-written and flows nicely and still does fit me.  Plus, I've had this blog since 2011, and that's a LOT of posts I'd have to switch over, just way too much work! And in all honesty, in talking with everyone, no one could really figure out a good name that went with my catch phrase "Inspired by my Insanity" or even a name that flowed well or made sense.

IF you can come up with a nice name and you'd like to make a suggestion, please leave a comment. If I decide to change over and use the name you've suggested you will get FULL credit as well as a small gift box of assorted Handmade By *ME* cards!!! Please just remember, my saying "Inspired by my Insanity" has to stay after my name. 

Anyhow, I just wanted to give this update and make things clear!

Thanks Bunches!!!
Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie
Originally Posted: Sept. 16, 2018. Updated 2-27-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...