Saturday, November 26, 2022

Red Lotus for Birthday

I LOVE lotus flowers and cherry blossom trees. For this card, I got to play with BOTH! yay me!!! I made this card for my Baby Sisters 30th Bday!

Here is a sneak peek of my Red Lotus (Blue Lotus in a previous post)
click below to see the whole card.
Here is the whole card front. Lots of gold! I think the red mixed nicely. For the background on the red cardstock I heat embossed my cherry blossom background in gold. I think it came out very lovely. The pictures don't do it justice!


Here is the closeup of the lotus flower. I used watercolor pens for this flower, so there are several different shades to the flower. The gold twine is wrapped around the bottom part of the card and has a few strands sticking out behind the flower. I love that part, even though it was a PITA to get it on there to stay. I used 4 glue dots and some glossy accents. That's a lot of adhesive. HAHA!

In the right corner of the flower mat I put some more gold twine and I hung a chinese charm from it.

In the top left I did gold pearls, large to small. I think they tied the whole card together so that space wasn't just empty!

Well, I hope you like my card, I had a blast making this one, it just really put me in my zen and I pumped this and the blue one out rather quickly, which is weird for me because I don't often make cards quickly. LOL

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...