Monday, May 22, 2023

Sail Away...Father's Day (2 cards)

 I made some sailboat cards for Father's Day for a card order I have received. I don't have pic previews, so click below to see the cards...

These are the cards I came up with...

                                  

I don't know what this card fold is called, but I call it a half fold. The card only has half of a front to it and the inside sentiment is hidden behind the front image.

I started with brown cardstock for my card base. For the front fold I inked the edges of some white cardstock with SU! Not Quite Navy and then I matted some starfish paper on top of that (I inked the edges of this piece with SU! Chocolate Chip ink). I added some brown and white bakers twine to give the piece something extra.

For the sailboat, I stamped it and then watercolored the ocean with some SU! Not Quite Navy and a aqua brush. I mounted this on some very sparkly pearlescent blue cardstock.  


For the inside, I stamped the anchor in SU! Going Gray and then stamped the sentiment over it in Staz-On black. I put the stamped image on more of the blue pearlescent cardstock and attached it to the base of the card. I then stamped some flying birds from one of the Tim Holtz sets. I closed the front of the card and lined up the sailboat image and attached it to the card. It lines up perfectly to hold the inside anchor image.

I made 2 of these cards, both the same. 


That's all for these sailboat cards, come back soon to check out more of my crafty makes!
Keep on Craftin'!
~Melisa Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...