Saturday, December 16, 2023

Oh DEER, it's Christmas! 3 cards

I had to make a LOT of Christmas cards this season. I had an order for 18 cards, plus I had to do 15 for my own card list. Let's just say my craft room DID survive, but there is paper and cardstock EVERYWHERE! and I'm not exaggerating. LOL I keep my floor clean and vacuumed so I'm able to put some on the floor and I have a very cluttered card table that I put the rest of my paper on. I have to spread all the deco paper all out so I can see what I have. My hands still haven't recovered from all the making and my arthritis is flared up in my fingers and hands!

Anyhow, here are the cards I made, I'll give you a sneak peek at each one, but you have to click below to see the full cards. 






Ok, so here are the full cards...

I think this card turned out pretty. My hubby said the bow was too much, but I didn't think so I left it on there! For the reindeer I used SU! Dasher stamped in SU! Chocolate Chip. I die cut that image and put it on top of a purple scalloped die cut. The staples on the flags I colored purple with a sharpie before stapling the flags, and the sentiment is also stamped in purple. 
I used a 3D snowflake on the sentiment flag because it looked to plain with just some colored string. 
I tied the bow and adhered it with Glossy Accents.




These 2 cards are mini cards., a bit bigger than a baseball card. The deco paper that the reindeer is on is the size of a ATC (artist trading card) or rather, a baseball card. For the sentiments I picked deco paper that has matching colored polka dots to the deco paper the reindeer is on. I stamped the sentiment and then I used shimmering gold embroidery thread and tied it around the sentiment. 


For these 2 cards I stamped the SU! Dasher stamp in Versamark glue pad and then used Gold embossing powder to heat emboss the image. 


For this card I used a pre-made card base that is cut scalloped at the bottom in the front. The reindeer image is from a swap I did a while back. So, I gathered up some cardstock that matched the card base and I got to work. I distressed the edges of the stamped image and then inked it with black ink, and I did the same thing to the cardstock that it's matted on. I picked a burgundy flower and brad for the corner and a red gem for the reindeers nose.


For the inside of the card I used another swap received image. I distressed all the edges of the image, the red ad the green cardstock and inked them in black as well. 


So, that's all for these 3 cards, I hope you like them. Check back soon as I have more cards to share!

Keep on Craftin'!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...