Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A few new cards!

Well hello there friends! I know it's been a little while since I've posted anything, but things have been EXTREMELY hectic here! Hubby just had his 18th back surgery. we are hoping this will be the last one for a while!

Anyhow, Just wanted to share a few cards with you that I made last month that I haven't posted here yet. Hope you like...


 Here are some cards I made last month. new to sharing with you. :)
CLICK ALL CARDS FOR BIGGER PIC FOR DETAILS! :)

Here is an ADORABLE card with a new stamp that I won from a blog hop over at Holley's Blog back in June. I actually made 3 cards with this stamp and this exact layout, just used different colors, papers and ribbon. This little cutie is Rosie Posy from Lili of the Valley. isn't she ADORABLE?
I colored her with prisma colored pencils and blended her with gamsol. I used stickles on her hair bows, parts of her skirt, her buttons, and the dots on the flower wrapping paper. I used glossy accents on her shoes to give them a shine like white sandals would have!
Some dotted grosgrain ribbon knotted in the middle, a printed sentiment from word on some bright orange paper, inked the edges with color box ink, used some prima flowers and mini brads in the middle and thats that! Oh, for the shape of the stamped image, I wanted to use nestibilities dies, but I don't have any! but, my good friend Anna over at her blog Scrappenings had given me a few different ones that I liked, all the shapes and sizes cut out on thick cardstock, now when I want a nestie shape for an image all I have to do is trace it on the back of the cardstock and cut it out! whala just as good as having nesties, but the edges aren't embossed. no problem for me, inking them is just as good. :)
Well here she is and below her are the other 2 that I made like her. I can definitely see myself making more of this exact layout and image in the future, I really do like it! :)

Brights:


Pastels:
pink, black and glittered!:

Here is a card that I made for my bff sis Leslie. She has been an amazing friend, and such a great sis to me. sending me lots of goodies, always spoiling me, and always being there for me when I need her. I wanted to let her know how much I appreciate that! she liked this card. it was nice and cheery. it was a good card for me to make cause I was having a really bad time with my depression and bipolar around the time I made this card.
The image and sentiments are from squigglefly, if I remember correctly. I didn't have them marked in my digi image folder (sorry).
 I colored them and blended with prismas and gamsol. for the dot on the chain I used silver stickles and also on the bottom of the lamp.I used my cuttlebug embossing folder and my original red sizzix for the yellow background. some simple white satin ribbon adds a nice touch to it also. :) 2 pics are given, one from outside and one scanned. the light in my house is HORRIBLE. I wanna get one of those long lights, like the 14 inch long ones that I can hang above my work space, they are like kitchen lights or somethign but they can attach to the wall.






Speaking of my bff sis leslie, her son, my cuteeee little nephew Kam just had his 5th birthday on the 4th of july! how special is that?!?!?! This is the card I made him.
I used Billy the cowboy from Pink Cat Studios. isn't he just ADORABLE??? I colored and blended him with prismas and gamsol. I added a shiny silver star to his hat that was from some "confetti" that I had left over. I was going to put it on his shirt, but it was too big, looked better on his hat! I put glossy accents on his spurs of his boots and his circle on the belt buckle.
For the bow... this is GOOD!! haha, so, you know how at christmas time, you get all those gifts and say "oh I'm going to save this ribbon, this paper, these bows etc..." well thats what I did. I got a candle set from a friend and it had some "raffia" on it, you know, that ribbon stuff that is rough and feels like HAY. yep, I KNEW I saved this stuff for a reason. I actually dug out 2 boxes just to get to this stuff. LOL
the sentiment goes with Billy and I just used my scalloped circle punch (1.5 inch) and punched it out in orange, and then cut the sentiment that was on white cardstock, all around the rope and attached it to the orange. The sentiment itself was POPPED OFF the page by of all things, a juice container plastic cap! you know when you buy dole juice, and you remove the lid, there is that little cap that you pull off to be able to pour the juice? yep, thats what i used!!. gave it a NICE pop effect! :)
I don't know who makes this cowboy cardstock, I got it in a swap. if you know, please let me know I want more of it!brown bazzil was used for the background, and the orange is bazzil also.
Here is the inside sentiment that I made up and printed from word with a free font that I got off DaFont I don't remember what font it is, so please dont ask! LOL I have over 3500 fonts on my computer!




So one of my friends, Laura, she is my birthday twin. we were both born on june 24th, just different years! Here is the birthday card I made her, 2 pics for better lighting for details.

prima and recollections flowers, skittles for the corner, some ribbon. I used a free spring cupcake digi stamp from the Designed2Delight Blog. I used my swiss dots embossing folder and my original red sizzix to emboss the textured orange cardstock. I used silver stickles on every other dot to make it pop. I also used silver stickles on the flourish on the cupcake. this was colored and blended with prismas and gamsol. I printed an extra cupcake and cut out the flower and leaves only, and layered them on the other one so they pop off the page. the petals of the flower are curved off the page. I used clear stickles on the flame to give it some glow. :)

Some silver stickles around the sentiment... sentiment from "circle of friendship" from STAMPIN UP!, cut out with my scalloped circle punch. if you notice, the ribbon is pink, AND has silver threading through it. :) the flowered paper is from the sasha paper collection from prima.

So, here are 2 cards that I made. I don't normally use sketches... But, I saw this on the facebook page from creating keepsakes magazine (I think that's what magazine it was) and linked to this article with this sketch. I liked it, I KNEW it was going to be a challenge cause I'm HORRIBLE with measuring. seriously, I can't read a ruler (I'm very ashamed of that)--well, I can read the 1/2 inches and the 1 inch lines, anything after that forget it! I really want a ruler that has WORDS for the actual lines of measurements, but I can't find one, not even on GOOGLE. lol!!!!
Anyhow, here is the sketch.
It looks easy, but it's not! the flags were the hardest thing to do when I made my card. I couldn't get them straight. lol but after an hour of working on it, I finally got it! :) here are my 2 finished cards.




I used a mini stamp from studio g for the thinking you sentiment. the green flowers are recollections and the blue one is prima. the papers are K & Company from the amy butler 4x6 photo mat paper collection.
the middle flags were HARD to make because that paper isn't diagonal. its vertical. so I had to turn the paper sideways to cut it. lol the green paper was shaped with a nestabilities (my chipboard nestie templates that I mentioned earlier, LOL) and the red paper was cut with my deco scissors and then layered. the bottom layer is inked in colorbox ink to separate it from the top layer of red. I used a corner punch to round off the corners.




And last but not least, here are 2 mini cards I made with the "you are a true friend" mini stamp set from studio 112.
I colored the birds with my zig brushables markers, the branch and leaves are colored with good ol' crayola markers. LOL hey, no one ever said you HAVE to use copics!! :)
some good satin ribbon tied in a knot and some layering of paper, and these make for some CUTE mini cards!! :)

Well, that is all I have to share today!! I hope you have enjoyed looking at my creations! sorry it's been so long since I've posted! hubby had surgery, I've been having issues with my bipolar and well, life has just been HECTIC!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.
 Have a great week everyone.
As I always say, Keep on scrappin' and please, be kind to one another.
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...