Monday, March 19, 2012

Fabulous Flowers... For My Ma...

I wanted to make a card for my ma to let her know I've been thinking of her. she has been working really hard to help my daddy get their new business up and running... she has actually been working 2 jobs! Her day job as a school bus driver, getting up at 330 in the morning to be to the yard by 430, get her pre-trip bus inspection done, and her paperwork, then she goes off to pick up her kids and drops them off... she takes her bus clear back across town to the yard to pick up her car, then drives across town again to get to the new tool repair shop that her and daddy bought and she does all the book keeping and invoicing for a few hours, then goes back across town, picks up her bus and goes and gets her kids, takes her bus back to yard, drives back across town to the shop works until about 8pm or so and then goes home, and starts her day all over again the next day. I know it isn't easy for her and she is highly unappreciated by many people, my daddy EXCLUDED. he's very happy to have her there helping...

I thought it would be a nice surprise to send her this card. here is a sneak peek, click the clicky link to see the rest...


So, here's what I did...
 
   ~I used the floral image stamp from the Stampin' Up! Fresh Vintage stamp set. I used my zig brushables markers to color the image, and then stamped it on white cardstock. using these markers instead of ink, I love the look of how it came out! and I was able to almost identically match the color of the cardstock with the markers ink for the image
   ~I used the "thinking of you" sentiment from the inkadinkado thinking of you circle frame set (2 pcs. set).
   ~ I used my petite scalloped circles from my nestabilities and ran the image through my big kick to cut and emboss it, and then also ran an extra sheet of the pink bazzill through cutting and embossing it as well so i could mat the image.

   ~the dark pink deco cardstock behind the image circle is from the DCWV 'the sweet stack' matstack cardstock set.
   ~the main base deco cardstock is from the Authentique "Uncommon" collection cardstock pad.
   ~the green deco paper on the left is unknown, I received it in a paper swap.
   ~I used white grosgrain ribbon and some glue dots to do this cool ribbon folding technique. I've seen it done elsewhere, but it was WAY more detailed and "perfect".... I don't know the name of this technique, but I like to call it "ribbon waterfalling" because it looks like a waterfall of ribbon. LOL
   ~I adhered a bow to the top with glossy accents, and glued each of the pieces down near the top for the extra parts.
   ~I used glossy accents to adhere 4 white flatback pearls to the bottom right of the card.

   ~On the INSIDE of the card, I used white cardstock (non-textured) and corner punched and corner embossed all 4 corners with my fiskars Ivy Blossom Corner Emboss plus Punch. It punches the corners and then embosses them.

   ~I colored and then stamped the sentiment, from the Occasional Quotes Stampin' Up! set.
   ~I used the small floral stamp from the Stampin' Up! Tiny Tags set to stamp on either side of the sentiment... this was also "colored" with my zig brushables and then stamped.

 Here is the card on its back to show the dimension of the front of the card.... the circle for the image on the front is attached with stampin' up dimensionals


 Well, that's it! I hope you like it :)
Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...