Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2 CASE'd "thanks" cards...

So, we've all heard about "scraplifting" where you take someone else's scrapbook layout and change it around to make it your own... well I've recently become ADDICTED to Pinterest! (Check out my pinterest link on the left to follow me! I have several boards with THOUSANDS of pins! Lots of cards!!!!) In becoming addicted to pinterest, I have found TONS of cards that I love, love, love! Well I'm not one for stealing someone's work, but I do know it's ok to CASE (copy and slightly edit) a card as long as we give original creator credit.
Layouts for a card have always come naturally to me, but every now and then I see a layout that I REALLY like, and I think it's worth changing it up a bit. that's what I've done here with 2 cards!

there is a short (yes, very short) story behind the reason i made these 2 cards... I go to a state clinic for my mental health care. the clinic isn't always organized and the care isn't always the best. I will admit that I complain a LOT, because well, if I won't advocate for myself no one else will if I don't make the problems with the service know. I don't always treat the ladies at the front and back desk very well because I get extremely frustrated when things aren't done correctly or there are "hiccups" in the service there, and even though I don't think about it at the time, I always think about it later and end up feeling guilty. I've had attitude issues and freak outs on more than one occasion, and I know their jobs aren't easy, especially with all the changes that happen around there on a constant basis! So, I made the two gals cards, and I hope they like them! they need to know they are appreciated, and that all of their hard work and patience does not go unnoticed, and they need to know that it's always nice to have a smiling face there even if I'm not in the best of moods or I'm not exactly stable. sometimes, that smile can make all the difference in how the rest of my day plays out, when I walk out of there!

Here are the 2 cards I made... sneak peek, clickety click below to see the cards...

So the first card I made was for the lady at the check-out window. We'll call her Ms. D ;) I love how this card came out... the original card I CASE'd (copied and slightly edited) this from was here:
CASE'd Card 1 (right click and open in a new tab or window--left clicking this link will cause you to leave THIS page).

and here is what mine came out as when completed:
As you can see, I turned mine on it's side. I didn't quite like how the stamped image in the scalloped circle looked when it was sitting straight, so I rotated it a tad and made it sideways. it makes it look like a hanging tag more than just a sitting image.

I also made the long strip of cardstock scalloped at both the top and bottom. I added pearls to both the top and bottom corners and adhered them with glossy accents for a strong, long bond, and tied a pretty knot in the grosgrain ribbon going across the length of the card.

The white cardstock base is georgia pacific printing cardstock. I like it for a base because it's nice and heavy! the light brown cardstock and the deep pink cardstock are both bazzill cs, and the deco paper is Mrs. Elizabeth's (I can't get enough of her line of paper, I LOVE it!).
The stamped image is on georgia pacific white cs and it's stamped in cranberry crisp Stampin' Up! ink with the large scroll type stamp from the Stampin' Up! "Bliss" set. The scalloped circle is cut with my spellbinders nestibilities and I hand cut the white circle in the middle that the image is stamped on. The scalloped cs strip is punched scallop with the Stampin' Up! scallop border punch.

Here is a close up of the deco paper on the front (click to enlarge-pic opens in the same window):

This is the inside of the card:
The butterfly is from the Stampin' Up! "Butterfly Prints" set. I like all the words that are in the butterfly, very pretty! :)
the sentiment is from the fiskars mini "thanks" set. I love it because it is a curvy stamp and makes it look like the words are moving in the wind. very cute together! :)

Here is a close up of the inside so you can see the words on the butterfly:
the butterfly is stamped in Stampin' Up ballet blue and the sentiment is stamped in Stampin' Up! cranberry crisp.


~ ~AND FOR THE 2ND CARD~ ~

this one is for the lady at the front check-in window. We'll call her Ms. K. I went the direction I did with this card for her because she is always "blinged out" LOL she is always wearing some kind of pretty jewelry sets, that always compliment her outfits. I thought she would appreciate the bling on this card!
The original card I saw that I CASE'd this one from can be seen here:
CASE'd Card 2 (right click and open in a new tab or window--left clicking this link will cause you to leave THIS page).

Mine is similar but I changed a few things. I didn't have butterflies as small as those on the card I CASE'd. even if i did have them, I wouldn't have used them, I like the bigger ones better! I ran the cardstock through my big kick using my quickutz die and cut the butterflies out. the embossed background is the swirls and birds cuttlebug embossing folder, also ran through my big kick.


I added gems to the middles of the butterflies. the pink and blue cardstock are both bazzil, as well as the brown cardstock on the strip behind the butterflies. the brown butterflies are pieces of cs from the paper studio "poteeka souffle" mat stack. The green deco cs butterfly is from DCWV "the sweet" mat stack. I wanted to use the green to give the front of the card a little color contrast, something that would stand out from the rest of everything else on the card.

I added some gems to the corners of the card as well, of course adhered with glossy accents for a strong, long bond.

Here is a close up of the front of the card and the butterflies:

Here is the inside of the card:
I layered one the green butterflies on top of the brown butterflies. the sentiment is from the same stamp set as the card above, the fiskars "thanks" mini set. stamped in Stampin' Up! chocolate chip. :)

Well I hope y'all enjoyed looking at the cards that I changed up to make my own. thanks for stopping by!

Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...