So, I showed you my alcohol ink backgrounds the other day. I made 2 cards with 2 of the backgrounds.
Here is a preview, click below to see the rest of this card and the other one.
So this one is a Friendship Card. I love how it turned out with one of the backgrounds I made with my alcohol inks!
Here is the rest of this card:
The front is layered on a light green bazzill cardstock. Even though you can't really see it, there IS green in the background that I made. I've tried dozens of pics and these backgrounds are SO hard to photograph because of the glare from the glossy cardstock.
I stamped the butterflies in assorted alcohol inks onto glossy cardstock. yes, my stamps are now stained for life. LOL after stamping them, I cut them with the coordinating dies (they are from a sizzix framelits set).
I really wanted to do the flowers in "color" but you HAVE to use archival ink on top of alcohol inks or it just won't come out. so I had to use black archival ink. I even tried to use a purple or red alcohol ink on the stamp and stamp over the background, but that didn't turn out so well so basically I had to scrap a whole background. but anyhow, i stamped the flowers and used really small (3mm and 5mm) gems in a few of the flower centers.
Because of the wording of the senti on the front, I didn't wanna put too much on this card! I just wanted it to be as CAS as possible!
The front of the card was VERY difficult to get the butterflies to stick to. I tried glossy accents and it was a no go. the glossy cardstock was just too glossy for it. So I ended up using Ultra Grit sand paper and sanding a small area for the butterflies to stick to and adhered them with glue dots. I also had to sand a tiny spot for the gems to attach to. :-/
The senti here inside is stamped from an older TAC (the angel company) set "One Liners" (set T-859, 2004). the sentiment goes so well with this card!
So, here is my other card. It could be used for a friendship card, or something else, I guess.
this is the front before I stamped on it and trimmed it down to fit my card. I have a whole top part of the background to use for something else. There are 3 colors in this background, plus the silver metallic mixative.
I used my SU! scalloped border punch on my cardstock and layered my imaged background on top.
Added a little bit of ribbon and tied a knot.
So anyhow, I hope that you liked my cards. I had a BLAST making them. it's been a while since I've been really, really crafty, and I couldn't sleep the other night so I figured it would give me something to do.
Check below for a full list of all my supplies. :)
Thanks so much for looking!! :)
Keep on Craftin'
Supplies used BUTTERFLY CARD:
Cardstock/Paper: Bazzill, Colorbok (white textured cardstock), HMBM Alcohol Ink Background (as seen in previous post here: Fun With Alcohol Inks-Creating Backgrounds. Embellishments: Bead Co. clear acrylic rhinestones. Stamps: TH Visual Artistry "Heartfelt", PSX "Love in Bloom" (senti on front), TAC (the angel company) "One Liners" (T-859) (inside senti), Sizzix Framelits-Butterflies #3. Ink Pads: Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink Pad, Ranger Alcohol Ink (heart inside), Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise (senti inside). Tools:
Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), MS score board, cricut paper trimmer, Inkadinkado clear acrylic stamp blocks, Glue Dots, Ultra Grit Sand Paper.
Supplies used BIRD CARD:
Cardstock/Paper: Bazzill, K&Company Recycled Cardstock (slate gray), HMBM Alcohol Ink Background (as seen in previous post here: Fun With Alcohol Inks-Creating Backgrounds. Stamps: TH "Urban Grung" (bird), The Paper Company "Playful Expressions" (senti's--front and inside). Ink Pads: Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink pad, Memento Ink pad, tuxedo black. Ribbon Embellishments: 1/4" Antique White 100% Polyester Grosgrain Ribbon Tools:
Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent).
MS score board, cricut paper trimmer, Stampin' Up! scalloped border punch, Inkadinkado clear acrylic stamp blocks.