Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handmade For A Swap

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I've been under an extreme amount of stress, going through a LOT of pain with my back and neck (as a result of my recent surgery from my accident in 2011), and my Bipolar has been acting up something awful!! On a higher dose of meds now and hoping soon it will help, but so far no luck.

Anyhow, for one of my craft groups I was recently signed up for a few swaps. I signed up for the "Winging It" Stamped Images, Dry Embossed Cardstock and Handmade Surprise Swaps. For the "Winging It" stamped images swap I sent my partner 20 (plus an extra 6 or so) stamped images of different birds that I have, 2 of each image (yes, I have a LOT of bird stamps!). I also sent her some fairies and some other things. For my partner for the Handmade Surprise Swap, I made this ADORABLE little teabag holder/card combo. I LOVE how it turned out, and I'm super excited for my partner to get it. :) I really hope she likes it as much as I liked making it for her. I actually made 2 of these, I'm sending one to my Ma since she liked it so much.

So, Here is the item I made, and a handmade card I made the same day. Sneak peek, so click the link below to see the rest of the pics.






**IMAGE HEAVY POST** This post is quite image heavy. If you are not on Cable or T3 internet, please give your page a little time to load!

So, the card I made, it is VERY cute. I ended up doing it as a watercolored image. I went out of the lines a tiny bit on top of her head where her hair is, but oh well, can't be perfect all of the time. LOL

For the front, I stamped 2 different images from My TAC set (The Angel Company), being the girl and the bird and the Tree. Then to create the rest of the scene I re-stamped the grass from the bottom of the tree stamp and I also stamped a few other images from some of my Studio G mini stamp sets (the butterfly, dragonfly, bunny (on the far right behind the tree) and flowers).

 I used a finished Chipboard piece for the sun. I think it ties in PERFECTLY with this card! For the sky and clouds, I just punched a scalloped circle out of scrap paper and used my TH Blending tool to make some clouds and the sky.





 for the bow I used this AWESOME "craft thread" that my Ma sent me a few different assorted packages of for christmas. It's called "Prism Craft Thread". It is sort of like embroidery floss, has the "feel" of it, like silkiness, ya know? but it has that really pretty texture to it, that embroidery floss doesn't have. I just put a few strands together, wrapped it around the deco cs layer and then tied it in a bow. I separated the pieces on the left side and gave it the rainbow fan effect. I just LOVE it! I have used this craft thread on a few projects now and I will continue to use this stuff in place of ribbon and fiber sometimes, I just love it!
 For the inside, I used several different stamps. A Studio G mini stamp for the "Hi" sign, an owl with the flower (which actually didn't stamp well, so I outlined it with a marker and colored it in), a "sending my love" stamp and a few flowers. Oh and I did the grass from the bottom of the TAC tree stamp.



 I hope you like that card. I think it turned out so cute! I didn't really have a "plan" on who to give this to, but I like it so much that I'm going to keep it until I get the energy to make another one just like it. Sometimes, I go through that, where I make something and like it too much to give it away. LOL weird!

OK, so here is my little teabag holder/card combo. PREPARE FOR CUTENESS!! hehe
I did 2 mice, a brown and a grey one, and for each one I did the coloring of the teacup a little different. I colored them with prismacolored pencils and then blended them with gamsol. I think the cups came out super cute!
For this brown one, I gave her a pink flower gem. SO CUTE! I outlined part of the teacup in glossy accents to give the cup a little shine when you turn the card. I also put glossy accents on the heart on the tail, her eyes and her nose.

 Same thing here with this gray mouse. I used glossy accents to outline part of the cup, I also put it on her eyes, nose and the heart. I thought the bright blue flower gem looked better on this gray mouse because it didn't perfectly match the cup.
This is the spine of the holders. As you'll see from one of the inside pics below, I used eyelets and then fed the ribbon through.I know my bows aren't perfect, but they will do. bows are hard to get perfect with this ribbon. It's very thick and very stiff. I tried to wet it and then let it air dry, but that didn't help.





Spine of the brown mouse 
 Spine of the gray mouse. THIS was the one that gave me the most trouble. the brown mouse spine's bow looks alright, but this one was a pain!!
 Here are the insides of the 2.
 A better look at the inside. You can also see how I did the eyelets here. I put the top, non-rough edges of the eyelets here on the inside and the outer rough edges on the outside of the spine since they were going to be covered up.
 And this is how the teabags pull out of the pockets. I didn't want the top flap of the teabags sticking out, so I just folded them over and used a small piece of tape to hold them down. 
 And here is how it looks from the side.
From the other side. I put 2 stamped images from the set on either side of the card.
 such a cute card!

For this Teabag Holder/Card Combo I used the direction that I found on SplitCoastStampers. You can find the directions HERE.
Well, those are the projects I'm sharing in this post. I hope that you like the items I've created here today. I'll put my list of supplies below. Thanks for looking! :)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie




Card: Sending My Love
Cardstock/Paper: Georgia Pacific Cardstock: White, 110 lb. (to stamp the main images on); The Paper Studio Cardstock: Orange; DCWV “Pocket Full Of Posies” Matstack (deco cs under topnote die cut); Bazzill Cardstock: (card base)
Stamps: TAC (The Angel Company) “You Make My Heart Sing” Item #T-3297 (Girl and Bird, Tree and Grass); Studio G Mini Stamp Sets: (butterfly, bunny, dragonfly, flowers, “Hi” sign, Owl, sending my love sentiment); Personalized Stamp (on back of card)
Embellishments: Chipboard Sun; Prism Craft Floss: Pastel Pack (Pink, Purple, blue, White, Yellow); Stickles: Glam Pink
Ink Pads & Coloring Mediums:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Up! Ballet Blue (for blending to create the sky and clouds), Stampin’ Up! Pink Passion, Stampin’ Up! Tempting Turquoise, Stampin’ Up! Pumpkin Pie; Zig Brushable Marker: Spring Green (for the grass); Prismacolored Pencils; Gamsol, Paper Stumps
Tools: MS Score Board, Cricut Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Inkadinkado Acrylic Stamp Blocks, Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (15 in. x 18 in.), Glass Cutting Board (my hard stamping surface), Sizzix Big Kick (Pink and Black), Stampin’ Up! Topnote Die, The Paper Studio: 1.5” Scallop Circle Punch, Corner Punch, Glossy Accents, Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), Glue Dots 3/16”, Fun Foam (white-to create my OWN foam pop ups-just add a glue dot to each side), TH Blending Tool, Generic Felt (white-to use on the blending tool—no need to purchase the expensive TH foam refills!!)

Project: Teabag Holder/Card Combo
Cardstock/Paper: Georgia Pacific Cardstock: White, 110 lb.; The Paper Studio Cardstock: Dark Pink, Bazzill Cardstock “Swimming Pool”, Cloud 9 Designs, St. Valentine’s Collection “Sweet Dots”
Stamps: MFT (My Favorite Things): Tea For Two (By Stephanie Fizer); Personalized Stamp (on back of card)
Embellishments: Flatback Flower Gems: Dark Pink, Dark Blue, 3/8” White Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/16” Dark Pink Eyelets
Ink Pads & Coloring Mediums:   Stampin’ Up! Tempting Turquoise, Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Catseye Queue Stack ‘Rose Petals’: Color Used: “Rouge”
Tools: MS Score Board, Cricut Paper Trimmer, Scissors, We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile (Purple, from Crop-A-Dile Punch and Eyelet Kit, Purple), Inkadinkado Acrylic Stamp Blocks, Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (15 in. x 18 in.), Glass Cutting Board (my hard stamping surface), Glossy Accents, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Permanent Option), Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), Scotch Magic Tape (to tape down the flaps on the tea bags).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...