Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Thinking of You with WASHI Tape-Nephew and SIL

So since Hubby and I made Valentine's cards for our nephews, great niece and great nephew, we thought it only fair that we send the Mama and our oldest nephew a card as well. Just a cute little thinking of you card for each of them!

If you like WASHI Tape, click below to check them out!

For our oldest nephew (who will be 22 this coming October) I made him a WASHI Tape card as well. I forgot to snap a pic of the inside before I started to fill it out, so his name and the date is on the inside of the card, LOL

I just used 5 different strips of WASHI Tape, all the same width and I just made them different lengths and cut the bottoms into flag shape. I don't know what stamp set the sentiment is from as it was in my stash from a swap a while back. But I just cut it and the red cardstock into flag shapes as well and layered them. Before adhering the sentiment to the red cardstock I wrapped some TRI-Colored Bakers Twine around the WHOLE card (main card base and all--for aesthetics on the inside of the card) and tied a knot over the 2 strands.



This is the inside, I just adorned the white cardstock with a piece of the same WASHI Tape used on the front of the card and you can see the Tri-Colored Bakers Twine has criss-cross wrapped around the actual card base.

I really hope that our nephew likes this card. I mentioned his Fiance in the card when I filled out the inside because they are expecting their 2nd child together, a little boy! They already have a daughter together, and she has a son that he takes very good care of (from a previous relationship). It is so amazing to see the great man he is growing to be. They all grow up so fast!!!


So, for my SIL (whom by the way, is PREGO with her 6th child, FINALLY A GIRL!!! What is weird is that my SIL and her Son's Fiance are prego at the same time!!! Due a month apart (if I remember correctly). I just went back to one of my all time favorite quick cards to make, WASHI Tape cards! These are so fun to make and with my HUGE stash of WASHI Tape I can make so many different versions of these, yet I can still use my own handmade Card Candy that I so greatly enjoy making! Both my Card Candy and WASHI Tape make for QUICK grab and stick cards! The thing that takes the longest though...picking out which WASHI Tape to use! LOL It all looks so cool, but I'm so indecisive!

Anyhow, my SIL card:

I used a light blue cardstock for the base and white cardstock for the smaller top layer. I selected 3 WASHI Tapes' to use. I went with an extra wide for the middle, medium for the 2 outsides and extra thin for the farthest outside strips. On the back of each WASHI strip I used Glossy Accents so that the tape doesn't peel off from heat or light exposure over time.
I used SU! Pixie Pink for the frame of the sentiment (sentiment from SU! "Teeny Tiny Wishes") and the frame is SU! "Four Frames" punched out with the SU! Decorative Label punch. The sentiment punch out is popped up with some 3D adhesive foam dots.
To finish the card off I wrapped some Baker's Twine around the top layer of the card (before adhering it to the main base of the card) and tied it in a small knot around the 2 strands (Each strand is a SINGLE strand and CUT OFF on the edges in the back of the layer and just adhered with some tape so that it doesn't waste a whole long strand of twine!).

I hope that my SIL really likes this card. I know she's not expecting it as I only told her we were sending valentine's for the kids. :)

We were very BLESSED to be able to send this card to her because last week we almost lost her, the baby and her husband in a major auto accident. While driving 2 1/2 hours away to a bigger city in Maine for her HD ultrasound they hit a patch of black ice and their SUV flipped 3 1/2 rotations. The doctors told her she was lucky to be alive! AMAZINGLY, her and the baby are fine, no complications what so ever! She is just really bruised up and sore from the accident. Her hubby refused medical care and is just sore and bruised as well. The vehicle is totaled and they will not get a payout from insurance because her hospital bills exceeded the amount of their coverage, which is really sad because with all the kiddos they really do need a big, reliable vehicle. But, thankfully tax returns are coming so they'll be saved with that!


I can't tell you how FUN WASHI Tape cards are to make! They usually take me about 30 minutes to make from the start of picking my supplies to doing all the stamping, cutting, and adhering of everything. If I have stuff in my stash (such as my handmade Card Candy or pre-stamped sentiments) that I can use, it usually only takes me about 15-20 minutes. This depends on how long it takes me to pick out the cardstock and the WASHI Tapes to match.

If you have WASHI Tape, feel free to send me some NEW, UNUSED (sealed in their package rolls) and I'll make you 2 cards from each roll free of charge (and I'll ship them to you for free as well!).

Well, that's it for this post! Check back soon, as I have a few other updates to make with more crafty creations! Thanks, as always, for stopping by and for your continued support!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...