Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine's for KIDS in the family

So I wanted to make some Valentine's cards for all the kids in our family, our Nephews, Great Niece and Great Nephew and of course, our Grand Babies! I had a BLAST making these. I did a ton of stamping and then Hubby Hazen and I colored the images and filled out the backs of them with notes.
Click below to see the cards.
This is a VERY image heavy post, so if you're on slow internet or a cell, give it a little bit to load!



In all I used 23 Stamp sets and 21 ink pads! The assortment of stamp sets I used were to used to make different accent elements of the cards. I will make a complete list of stamp sets and ink colors at the bottom of the post. Hubby helped me pick all of the ink colors used for each card and some of them he colored and some I colored.
For the cards:

First up, cards for our 2 Nephews (Sons of my Brother and my SIL)...

The first card is "b" is for Brody! At a year old, he's such a little chubster and is growing so fast! Sadly, Brody was born after we moved away from my family so we've not got to meet him in person. We're hoping to make a trip to New Mexico (where my Brother is stationed--AF--right now) this summer to finally be able to meet him! I definitely have been saving up some super monster hugs for him!!!
4 stamp sets and 5 ink pads used for this card. Hubby colored the monster.

"d" for Daxton. He's 2 and a little wild child, so I thought this would be a perfect stamp mixture for him, a cute little wild tiger! We didn't color this card, just filled out the back.
The only thing is, I wish I had the CAPITOL letter stamp set of the alphabet set for the letters of all the kids names. But, I didn't so I just used the lower case ones.

 4 different stamp sets and 7 ink pads used for this card.

Next up, cards for our Nephews from Hubby Hazen's Sister
"s" is for Sebastian. Another family wild child! Had to go with the Tiger again.
4 stamp sets and 6 inkpads used for this card.

 "b" is for Brayden. He's a quiet and shy, but can get a bit crazy at times, kinda like a raccoon! So I went with the cute little raccoon for this one. We didn't color the raccoon, just left him as is.
5 stamp sets and 5 ink pads used for this card.

"t" is for Taytum. He's a little monster! He can get quite a bit wild as well! haha. Boys!!! But, he loves to give hugs so I thought this would be cute for him.
4 stamp sets and 6 ink pads used for this card. Hubby colored the monster.


And the cards for our Nephew's Daughter and his step Son

"n" is for Nevaeh (Na-Vey-Ah). She's such a free spirit, very beautiful and loving. I thought a fairy was a nice representation of a free spirit. I really hope she likes this fairy!
5 stamp sets and 7 ink pads used for this card. I colored the fairy.

 "w" is for William. He's another wild child of the family. Sometimes a little monster, so I had to go with some sort of monster. But he's a clingy kid, and loves attention (which we don't mind one bit!), so I went with the octo-monster of my stamp set. :)
4 stamp sets and 7 ink pads used for this card. Hubby colored the octo-monster.

And of course, last but not least, the cards for our Grand Babies!


"k" is for Kenyon. He has this little doggy stuffed animal that he calls his "pup pup". I was able to replicate it's colors EXACTLY with my ink pads. Black with rust colored ears and paws!
5 stamp sets and 7 ink pads used for this card. I colored the pup pups face, collar and belly.

 "c" is for Cambria. Tiff sent me a cute pic of all the kids sitting at their kiddy table coloring and Cambria had the CUTEST piggy jammies on! And, she had piggy jammies on in another picture I've seen as well. Just like her Mamaw, she has the love for PIGGIES!!! SOOOOO CUTE!
So, I had to go with a piggy for her card.
6 stamp sets and 6 ink pads used for this card. I colored the piggy gray.

"g" is for Gavyn. Gavyn, among almost all of our Grand Babies is a special needs child, but he is DEFINITELY the "Ruler of the Roost" because he has to have the most attention and he knows how to get it when he wants it (and that's just fine with us!). He's also a camera ham--an AVID photo bomber! LOL. I just had to go with this cute little rooster for him.
4 stamp sets and 8 ink pads used for this card. I colored the rooster.

"r" is for Raiden. He's such a great kid and so awesome with his brothers and sisters! I thought this little monster was perfect for him.
4 stamp sets and 6 ink pads used for this card. Hubby colored the monster.

"m" is for Macey. She's such a little doll, and a camera ham!!! She's a pretty little princess so I thought Snow White would be lovely to use for her card along with some butterflies and a bird and bee.
7 stamp sets and 6 ink pads used for this card. I colored the bee and Snow White.

Last but not least, our oldest Grand Son, "j" is for Jamason!
He's definitely a big boy and can get a little wild sometimes. haha! I thought this rough and tumble monkey would be cute for him.
4 stamp sets and 4 ink pads used for this card. Hubby colored the monkey.

Well, that's all the cards for the kids Valentine's! On the back of each one I stamped a "to/from" with room to write and at the bottom corner I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day". I filled out the backs to each kid with a personal note and the date. I also wrote who colored the card and if it wasn't colored, who picked the ink colors.
Thankfully, these cards are all going to kids who I know their Mama's and Daddy's will keep the cards for them, so I wanted to put as much info on the back as I could.

Thanks for stopping by to check out these sweet little Valentine's for all the littles in our life! I hope they've given you some ideas and inspiration on how to mix and match stamp sets and ink pads to make different aspects of a card.

STAMP SETS used

~BasicGrey: Little Piggy, Monkey Around (Boy set to accompany the girl set of Little Piggy), and Furry Friends
~EK Sucess: Disney Princesses PRN  and PRN Full
~Flonz: Fairies and Unicorns (set 2 of 2)
~UNBRANDED: Monsters (from wish.com)
~Inkadinkado: Friendship and Fun Alphabet (lower case)
~Stampin Up! (SU!): Valentine Defined, Elementary Elegance (Sale-A-Bration), So Happy for You (Sale-A-Bration), Sprinkled Expressions (Sale-A-Bration)
~Close to my Heart (CTMH): Harvest Wonders (C1214) and Always Grateful-Seasons & Nature (C1559)
~American Crafts (and Dear Lizzy-American Crafts): Warble LG, Trailer SM, Nightfall Textures SM and Whistle SM
~Fiskars: Polka Dots border
~Autumn Leaves: Borders 1, Borders 2 and Borders 3 (exact names of border sets unknown)

INK PADS used

~SU!: Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Pixie Pink, Ballet Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Glorious Green
~Tim Holtz Distress: Barn Door (red), Dusty Concord (purple) and Peacock Feathers (teal)
~Ranger: Archival Jet Black
~Memento: Tuxedo Black

I'll have some more crafty posts soon, so be sure to come back and check them out!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...