Sunday, June 5, 2011

A few little fun crafts.

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I know it's been a while since my last post. Finally got our internet fixed by the cable company. it ended up taking them almost 2 weeks to fix it. once they finally got it fixed, we ended up in another predicament because when the squirrel chewed threw the line and the cable zapped our modem, it zapped my router as well and ended up burning it up. We didn't have the money to get a new one, but last month our friend Jenn came to visit us from Las Vegas. She comes to visit every year. She ended up buying us a wireless router, which was really nice of her! So, we had our net back for a little while now, but I've just been dealing with a lot of things related to my health as a result of the car accident. things are moving along at a snails pace, but I just haven't really felt all that great to craft.

BUT.... last month I did some ATC cards for an ATC card swap. I was VERY happy with my results, and since I haven't shared my ATC's with you that I made for the swap, I thought I'd post them today. What reminded me of this was I received the other ATC cards in the mail yesterday from the swap host. So many nice cards were made! very creative cards for sure. :) So, here they are...




For the swap, it was an ATC with Inchie swap. That meant we had to make an ATC card and somewhere on it, include an inchie; which is a 1 inch by 1 inch decorated square. I joined 2 seperate themed groups, "spring" and "flowers". So, I had to make 6 ATC's for each group.

The whole time I was doing the stamping and heat embossing of the butterflies I was like wow, this is a lot more work than I had anticipated but I'm up for the challenge! I got so caught up in doing the inchies, that I got completely off track!! My thought for my inchies was to do 6 with a butterfly for the "spring" group and 6 with flowers for the "flowers" group. Well, I started doing the butterflies and I got lost in the fun. LOL I ended up stamping 12 butterflies and heat embossing all of them. I didn't do any flowers at all!! Of course, I didn't realize this until I had put ALL of the ATC cards together!!!!!

I went to put the cards in their individual mini envies that I had made, that I had pre-labeled with the 2 different themes. As I was putting them in the envies for the "flower" group, I was like WHOAAAAA nellie!! this a butterfly inchie!! LOL

So, I ended up having to take 6 of the inchies off of 6 of the ATC's and make 6 inchies in the proper theme with flowers. I stamped the flowers and then heat embossed them, cut the 2nd inchie that I was matting the heat embossed one on and then re-attached it to the ATC cards.

Now, let me just say, I had used my little "X" xyron to make the inchies sticky. I will give you first hand experience testament that when the xyron says "permanent" sticky, it MEANS it!! LOL It was extremely difficult to remove the inchie off the 6 ATC cards without ripping the deco paper I had put on them. It took me about an hour just to remove the 6 inchies from the 6 ATC cards. In the end, I was able to dismember the 6 and put them back together without any tragedies!

If you look closely, all of the prima flowers match the ribbon used and the color of the heat embossed butterfly or flower, as well as the 2nd inchie that the heat embossed one is matted on top of. I tried really hard to make everything match and look just right.

I guess you could say I was too much of a perfectionist; however, I just wanted to give something that someone would be very proud to display :)

Hope you enjoy them. :)

Here is the "flowers" set. the 2nd one in the top row is my favorite of this set!



Here is the "spring" set with the butterflies.. The 2nd one in the bottom row is my favorite.


and here are all of them together.







Have a great week everyone.
Keep on scrappin' and please, be kind to one another.
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...