Sunday, June 12, 2011

Horrid Heat and Father's Day Cards!

Hi Everyone I'm posting today to talk about the HEAT and my fathers day cards that I made!


So, how are you all doing? I'm doing ok, just trying to stay home as much as possible because this heat is HORRID!! I don't really like the heat all that much, when I moved to Kentucky from Lost Wages, uhm, I mean Las Vegas, I thought that we had escaped the heat, but we found differently. LOL It gets REALLY hot here, and on top of the heat is humidity. I really dislike it!

Well, while I was hunkered down yesterday, I worked on father's day cards for my daddy and my grandpa. I still have to make one for hubby from our furbabies, and I also need to work on hubby's bday card. He will be 41 on June 16th, and I'll be 33 on the 24th of June. I can't believe how quickly this last year has passed!! I'm definitely NOT looking forward to being a year older, my gray hairs are starting to show wayyyyy too much!

Well anyhow, here are the father's day cards I made!


This first one is for my daddy. I was a little torn on what image to use, I've had this digi stamp for quite some time now. It is called "I love you daddy" and you can get it for $0.99 at Squigglefly.com
I didn't like that the lines were so "light", they aren't really black, they are a light gray, so I just went over them with my black pen.

It was difficult for me to find the right papers to put this card together. I only have "girly" type paper, and some other deco paper, nothing that was really for a guy. So, I got some from a pif from my friend Annette. I basically told her the colors I was looking for and she sent me this stuff. She has some really nice paper!

I did a lot of layering. All together, this card has 7 layers on top of the base folded cardstock. Then, adding the image and the 2 circles for the sentiments, there are 10 layers all together! that is a lot! haha.
You can't imagine how many times I fiddled with this cards layers before I finally adhered them all together, lol.

The brown and orange base paper are all bazzil, and I am not sure what brand the deco paper is. I didn't ask Annette.
The flowers are prima (the yellow, blue and white one) and recollections (just the brown one). I used a regular brad and then used glossy accents to adhere a blue gem to it.
There are 2 ribbons, I just layered the blue one on top of the orange one. Yes, this card is ORANGE, NOT yellow!! my lighting really is horrible. I had ran out of daylight by the time I was finished with this card, so couldn't snap the pic outside.
I used prima fiber to hand the "love" charm from. and then prima self adhesive pearls. Though, I have to say, the pearls don't stick very well, so I ended using some glossy accents to keep it on there good!
The sentiment is a digi stamp as well from squigglefly.

To get the "Dad!" in the middle, I used the stamp from CTMH D1342 "world's best dad" set, and I just used some tape to mask the top part of the stamp so that I'd just be left with the dad part! I used SU! Brilliant Blue ink to stamp it.


***************************

Here is the card for my Grandpa. He is an old goofy guy, most people say he is very immature. Well, that's why we get along so well! LOL
I know he'll love this card!

I do not know what brand the deco paper is, I got it in a paper swap quite some time ago! I used an A2 card base embossed with swiss dots (I don't have this embossing folder, but I want it!!) from a swap that I got. The little alien was originally a digital stamp from squigglefly. His name is Spike and you can buy him for $1.50. Instead of using him as a digital stamp and coloring him in, I used him as a paper piecing. I cut all the different shapes out of different deco paper and then pieced him together. I used those fun and cute real googly eyes, one in an extra large size and one in a medium size. The card is SO cute with that added little touch! It's so funny to hold the card and shake it and watch his eyes go all wacky! haha

I used a prima button with some black embroidery floss to give the card a bow. I don't know what brand the star clip is, I got it from my bff sis Leslie. I used blue skittles (home colored) in 3 of the corners.
For the sentiment, I printed it out in word, I used the font called "Space Patrol" that I downloaded for free from Dafont.com. You can see more of the font HERE. I used recollections blue star eyelets on each end of the sentiment strips and then just attached them to the card with glue dots.

I really am happy with the way this card turned out, and I can definitely see myself using this exact layout again. I will probably even make another card exactly like this one for someone in the future. :)

Well, those are my 2 cards for this weekend. I'll be posting more later this week when I finish the card for my hubby and his bday card too.

Have a great week everyone.
Keep on scrappin' and please, be kind to one another.
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...