In one of my swap groups those who chose to participate were all sent the same images... our challenge was to create a card, a layout, or some other altered, handcrafted item. I created a card. Though I did not win, this challenge was a lot of fun.
We were given the 4 images I used on my cards... we didn't have to use them all; however, we did have to use at least the mummy.
Here is the card I created!
Even though all the squares aren't all the same size, I still like the overall layout and flow of the card :)
The images are from Stampin' Up little spooks.
For the happy halloween image, this was stamped using martha stewart pigment ink. I don't know what stamp set the image is from, just some clear set that I've had for a while and never used. I like the look of the image, the stamp has a crackled affect to it which looks really cool.
I used black brads to add the sentiment to a elongated diamond tag and cut 2 holes with my crop-a-dile. I ran the ribbon behind the tag (at the advice of my BFF Leslie), I just tied a knot at each end and attached it to the card with zots.
I added some handcolored skittles (Thanks Leslie!) On the witch image I added a "toil & trouble" clip from the halloween clip set from around the block.
Hope you like my card! If not, that's ok too. :)
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!