Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Image Challenge!

In one of my swap groups those who chose to participate were all sent the same images... our challenge was to create a card, a layout, or some other altered, handcrafted item. I created a card. Though I did not win, this challenge was a lot of fun.
We were given the 4 images I used on my cards... we didn't have to use them all; however, we did have to use at least the mummy.
Here is the card I created!


Even though all the squares aren't all the same size, I still like the overall layout and flow of the card :)
The images are from Stampin' Up little spooks.

I colored all of the images with my martha stewart colored pencils. the pencils blended well together, I haven't used them too often since getting them last christmas from my ma, but I really like them and will be using them more often.
For the happy halloween image, this was stamped using martha stewart pigment ink. I don't know what stamp set the image is from, just some clear set that I've had for a while and never used. I like the look of the image, the stamp has a crackled affect to it which looks really cool.

I used black brads to add the sentiment to a elongated diamond tag and cut 2 holes with my crop-a-dile. I ran the ribbon behind the tag (at the advice of my BFF Leslie), I just tied a knot at each end and attached it to the card with zots.

I added some handcolored skittles (Thanks Leslie!) On the witch image I added a "toil & trouble" clip from the halloween clip set from around the block.

Hope you like my card! If not, that's ok too. :)

Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...