Monday, October 24, 2011

A Thanks for Grandma!

I'm big on making thank you cards to those who help us or those who give generously (or at all for that matter!). This card is a thank you card for my grandma. Last week while skyping with my BFF Leslie I made this card from a sketch... the original sketch was for a 6x6 card, but I made mine just a tad bigger than A2 size.


So, the card was fairly easy to make, well actually, it was fairly easy to ASSEMBLE. LOL now, getting all the sizes proper so it didn't look like it was eating itself, well, that was the hard part! haha!

I used prima pearls on the top corner and adhered them with glossy accents for a super bonded hold. I wasn't going to add them, but that top corner looked so naked without them! I'm glad I did decide to add them.
The deco paper is from the bo bunny crazy love 6x6 pad stack. I matted it on top of plain non-textured pink cardstock and then used cocoa brown paper underneath from ATD.

For the dip on the sentiment stack, I did that by hand. I just drew a wavy line on some chipboard and then drew it on the cardstock and cut it out... to get the bigger rounded corners on the card I used a chipboard circle and masked part of the edges and traced the circle and cut it out... my corner punch wasn't giving me a large enough rounded edge and I wanted it to be really defined. I am not sure what company the sentiment stamp is from... it was originally a wood mounted stamp, and I want to say it was from a hostess collection from CTMH, because I received the sentiment stamp set from a CTMH rep that is a friend of mine... but I'm not positive! If you know who makes this stamp, please let me know! I stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip SU ink.

I added some ribbon and tied it in a knot and then layered a 2 layer crocheted flower on top of a single layered flat flower. I attached them together with a little bit of tacky glue and a heart brad to follow through with the heart theme on the paper. I attached the flowers to the card with zots.

I hope you liked the card I created and that it's inspired you to try something different, too!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...