Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birthday, Butterflies and Bubbles!

Howdy. :) It was recently BFF Leslie's daughters birthday. She turned 4. Kids are so great at that age! so imaginative and playful! I made her this adorable card! :)
It has butterflies and lots of gems, skittles and pearls, what I interpreted to be bubbles!



I hope you like, click the link below to expose more pics! :)

So here it is...

The background butterfly cardstock is the backside of Bunny Love (Item #GP507) from Best Creation Inc.

the blue butterfly is what I heat embossed on some bazzil cardstock. I like the detail (click pic to make it bigger) that it's "lines" in the butterfly because of the bazzil. I used my petite scalloped circle nestibilitie die to but out the circle. I spritz the purple with Iridescent Gold 2oz. Tattered Angels glimmer mist.
For the blue background paper I spritz it with my homemade silver and purple glimmer mist.I then dried it with my heat gun and distressed the whole square with my heidi swapp edge distresser. I tore it in a few places and used my small thin paint brush as a rolling tool.

The butterflies are from 2 different quickkutz dies. I used pearlescent cardstock.


the flowers are a mixture of prima and recollections and the leaves are cut from green sheer fabric. I used a brad gem in the center from recollections.

I put the scroll in my photo program and added "happy birthday" to it and then printed it and cut it out. I used a light dusting of star dust stickles all over it to give it a little glam. :)

I used an assortment of gems from prima and some other generic flat back gems. All the pearls are prima and all the skittles are hand colored by my BFF Leslie.

Here are 2 pics of the card on its back to show it's dimension. :)

On the inside of the card, (which I forgot to take a pic of, duhhh me!!) I made a sentiment in my photo program. I made it sorta tyedyed , starting at one color on the top and going into 2 other colors. I matted that on 3 layers of the pearlescent cardstock. I don't have the exact pic of the inside matted sentiment, but I do have the sentiment photo that i made in my program... I'll put it here, consider it a freebie and print it for yourself! :)
Since I didn't send her a gift, I cut a TON of butterflies from the QK dies and put them inside her card. :) hopefully her momma wasn't too mad about that, i know I hate getting confetti inside cards, so I figured butterflies were easier to clean up. lol


Well, I hope you like my card!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

1 comment:

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...