Monday, January 2, 2012

A Patriotic Thinking of You!

Howdy! How is everyone doing??? I know it's been quite a while since I've updated my blog but I promise, I won't get this laxed again!! It has just been a REALLY hectic last 2 months. too much to explain, and besides I'd rather share all my GOODIES with you rather than my complaints. LOL

Anyhow, so back in November I had a friend ask me to make a special thinking of you card with a patriotic theme. so, this is what I came up with and she loved it, as did the recipient, which of course, makes me very happy. :) Here is a little snippet of the card, click the link below to see the rest of the card.

So, did the snippet make you wanna see the rest? this card took some time to make, that is for sure! the background of this card is completely custom hand made by me with different rubber stamps that I own, and embossing powder. :)





the stars on the "background" paper are from the "you rock" inkadinkado stamp set. I am not sure what company makes the fireworks stamp or the dancing swirls stamp, but I am pretty sure they are inkadinkado stamps. (if you know what company and what stamp they are, please let me know!)

I stamped all the different stamps in versamark and then sprinkled different embossing powders on them, some embossing glitter tinsel and others just regular embossing powder. I tried to get some of them with a tie-dyed effect and I think I did a pretty good job of that!

The 2 smaller red and blue stars in the middle were stamped in versamark from one of my CTMH stamp sets and then heat embossed and once dried I covered them in glossy accents. The larger stars in the middle I just hand cut. I ran the 3 pieces in the middle background through my big kick with the swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder and then spritzed the white and blue background with my home made silver glimmer mist.


I added some white mini brads to the left side and put glossy accents on them to make them shine. the tag was a raw chipboard tag that I smushed into my big and embossy glue pad and then smushed it into some silver embossing powder. I used the thinking of you stamp from the K & Co. Amy Butler Lotus Greetings stamp set which is stamped in stazon jet black ink.

Well, I hope that you like what I've created here. I know it isn't as spectacular as some of my other creations, but sometimes I just like to go in different directions. :)

Thanks for looking!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...