Monday, March 19, 2012

CASED a card, Thinking of You...

I saw a card similar to this set of cards, on Pinterest, and fell in love with it right away, so I saved it and decided to CASE it. now, I know there are many meanings to "CASE" a card, but I like to call it "copy and selectively edit" a card. when doing a scrapbook layout, it's the same thing, but I call that scraplifting. LOL
Anyhow, I did make a few changes to the card, such as the circle the image is in, and I also used a different embossing folder, and I used ink to slightly distress my edges and give them dimension. I also did the ribbon differently, so that it would give the INSIDE of the card a finished look, and I added cardstock to the inside where the message would be written.... so a few subtle differences to my card from the original.

I actually made 2 of these, with different colors and different sentiments on the front...

Here is a sneak peek, read behind the clicky to see the rest...


So, here are the cards side by side. the yellow one has one sentiment on the front and the pink has another...

 I'll just give the details of what I did with ONE card, because they are both same inside and out except for ribbon color, colored cardstock and sentiment.
   ~The base of the cards is gray bazzill
   ~the colored strip of paper is best occasions craft paper
   ~For the sentiments o the front of the yellow card, I used the Stampin' Up! "upsy daisy" stamp set.

   ~For the sentiment on the front of the pink card, I used the Stampin' Up! "sincere salutations" set.

Both sentiments on both cards are "double stamped" (lined up with the stamp-a-ma-jig) in Stampin' Up! Going Gray.

   ~for the IMAGE on the front of both cards in the circle, I stamped the whole stamp from the "upsy daisy" set in versamark on gray bazzill and then heat embossed it in white. I used my sizzix circles #2 die in my big kick to cut the image out... this was difficult to line it up... I REALLY need some regular petite circles nestabilities!!! :( my bday is coming up in june, so maybe I'll get a set from someone! :)

   ~I used my cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder and put the embossing folder over the card SIDEWAYS, this way i could easily cover more space but still leave the bottom portion of the card blank... I ran it through my big kick.
   ~I used some grosgrain ribbon in coordinating color. What I did was tied a KNOT in the middle of the ribbon and used a glue dot to adhere it to the INSIDE of the card, and then I pulled excess ribbon to the front of the card and tied a knot cutting it off at an angle leaving some excess. this way where the embossing stopped inside the card, you wouldn't see the line there, you see the ribbon instead, it just makes the card look more finished inside.


   ~for the inside I used the coordinating colored cardstock and stamped only one part of the image from the upsy daisy stamp, and then stamped the sentiment from the Stampin' Up! Whimsical Words set. these are both stamped in Stampin' Up! Going Gray Classic Ink.


here is a pic of one of the cards on its back... so you can see the dimension they have. the circle image was attached with stampin' up dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed these cards, thanks for looking!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...