Friday, May 18, 2012

3 more mother's day cards (Post 2) (and WHAT'S THAT STAMP SET???)

As stated in my first mother's day card post, I made a total of 6 mother's day cards... You've seen the first 3, here are the other 3. Also, I NEED YOUR HELP!! I have a stamp set that I got from a friend, and we don't know the name of the set or the company it's from... I've posted it at the end of the post, if you know, please comment and let me know! Thanks! :)
2 of these cards are for mine and hubby's "surrogate mother" (our best friends mom, who has helped us in life when we needed it most--we've also known her so long and spent so much time with her, she's like another mama to us, LOL). one of the cards was from hubby and I and the other was for her 'real' daughter to give to her for mom's day.


I also had one card for a custom order from one of my very loyal customers and friend, Rhonda. :)
HERE ARE THE SNEAK PEEKS, CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE REST OF PICS


Card 4~My 2nd mama's card (from hubby and I):


Card 5~ 2nd mama's card from her daughter:
Card 6~Custom ordered card from Rhonda for her MIL:


Card 4~2nd mama's card from hubby and I: The horsey and mouse image is a large House Mouse rubber stamp. I LOVE the image. She likes "painted" horses and that is what i was trying to do here, make a brown and white patched painted horse, but to me, it just doesn't look like a "finished" picture, but she liked it so that's all that matters.
I colored the image with prisma colored pencils and blended with gamsol.

 I used a nice assortment of yarn and fibers to match all the other colors on the card. I added a bit of diamond stickles to the sugar cubes. they have a nice shiny hue to them, just like how real sugar cubes sparkle! I used my shapabilities to cut a few flourishes and added embossed them as well, inked the embossed raised parts with pigment ink and then added stickles to those spots as well.
The sentiment on the outside is from SU! teeny tiny wishes  and I cut it with the word window punch and then used the modern label punch to layer it. added some blue brads and a bit of stickles on them for some shimmer.
 I inked the edges of the inside of the card, and then used a few different MS pigment ink pads to ink the flower stamp from an UNKNOWN stamp set (posted below, please help if you can!) I used the small heart stamp from the SU! so happy for you set and then added stickles to the outlines of them. The sentiment is from the SU! essence of love stamp set. :)
Card 5~2nd mama's card (by me, but for her daughter to give to her):
The wolf image is from SU!. I hand cut the circle around it and then layered it on a scalloped nestibility circle. I made some nice long squares to offset the circle adding white grosgrain ribbon to the bottom of them.

 The clip is actually BACKWARDS. this was a white clip with a little fishy on it from the around the block clip tool kit for kitties. but, I turned it over so it was blank (the backside) and then used my SLATE Tim Holtz alcohol inks and the "love" stamp from the SU! tiny tags set. the good tihng about alcohol ink is that it sets IMMEDIATELY so I didn't have to fuss with it. thankfully, i got it right after only 2 tries... so I wasted one clip by messing up the first time, but technically I didn't cause I can still use the fishy on the front of the clip for another card or page kit.
WARNING: using alcohol inks on your rubber or clear stamps will PERMANENTLY stain them!!!! I highly suggest pouring your AA's onto a scrap jar lid or something like that. something that is plastic or metal. if you are using a plstic lid, WORK FAST because teh plastic will soak up the AA!!!
 for the inside I used the heart flower bush from the SU! valentine defined set and the sentiment is from the SU! occasional quotes. :)

Card 6~Custom Order for Rhonda's MIL:
the base of the card is white 110 lb (thick) georgia pacific cardstock. the pinkish purple strip is bazzill. for the background I used a few different stamps. I used a "mini" hero arts flower (top left corner), I used the leaves the from the SU! build a blossom set, I used 3 of the flowers from the SU! fifth avenue floral set and then I also used a flower from the "Just Chillin-Girl--Making Memories" set (that would be the flower stamped in teal in the TOP middle of the card)
 For the middle floral and sentiment strip I stamped the large rose from the fifth avenue floral set in versamark and then stamped the sentiment from the CTMH "happy forever hedgehogs" set. I covered them with CLEAR embossing powder and then used my Tim Holtz felt distresser tool thingy to do the resist technique. I added 3 gems to give it some bling
 For the bazzill strip on the front of the card I punched the bottom edge with my fiskars treading water edge punch. As you can see I did that to the top and bottom of the bazzill cardstock on the inside of the card as well. I thought this would be nice to carry the decoration from the front of the card.
For the inside I used the flower stamp from the Just Chillin-Girl--Making Memories set, and the stem from the fifth avenue floral set and then I added a gem to the middle of the flower. the sentiment is also from the CTMH happy forever hedgehog set and then the mother's day sentiment from the teeny tiny wishes set.

Well, that is all of the Mother's day cards that I did! :) I was VERY tired by the time I was done. I got ALL 6 of these cards done over a 2 day period and thankfully, being mailed 3 days before mother's day, priority mail was on my side by being on time for 4 of the cards to make it across the country in time for mother's day. they would have been mailed out sooner, but honestly, I didn't get to do them til just a few days before because I was having some serious issues with my bipolar a week and a half before.

OHHHHHH YEAH, so anyways, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! My friend Laura gave me this stamp set, but she didn't know who it was by or the name of it. I couldn't figure it out either. I did all types of google searches with different word combinations and justs couldn't figure it out. I THOUGHT it may be by basicgrey because of how the cover of the set is in "color" (and a few of my BG sets are like that), but I had NO luck finding it. If you know who this set is by, and the name of it (or just one or the other would do) please leave a comment and let me know!! thanks so much in advance! :) (you can click the pic to make it bigger if you need a better view). I just named it "mix and match" because it has several different pieces for butterflies, a few different flower pieces and some borders as well.


Anyhow, thanks for stopping by to see my cards! I appreciate you looking. I'd appreciate comments too! :)
Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...