Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day Cards Set 1 (see post below for set 2)

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day!! I just spent some time with my hubby and our "fur babies". :) as good as it will ever get for us as "parents", but I've come to be at ease with that. Since I couldn't be with my ma and grandma, I made them some LOVELY cards!!

I ended up making 6 cards all together So to show them all I will make 2 posts... this post will be post 1, and will have my grandma's, my ma's and my MIL's cards. the post below this post on my blog will be post 2 and will have the additional cards I made...


here are a few sneak peeks at the first 3 cards... I know that my posts are usually LONG, but I'll just show the pics and keep this post with SHORT descriptions since there are quite a few pics. I hope you like the sneak peeks, clicky click below for the rest of the pics! ENJOY and thanks for looking!


SNEAK PEEKS (click link below to see full pics of rest of fronts and the decorated insides)
Card 1~My Grandma's card:

Card 2~My Ma's card

Card 3~My MIL's card:



Here is the rest of Card 1, for my grandma:
this is the front. flowers stamped in memento black from the SU! Elementary Elegance set. then I took my zig brushables markers (I have all 4 sets of EVERY color available!!!) and colored them onto an acrylic block. I took my aqua brush and used it as a watercolor brush with the colors and colored the image of the flowers. I can honestly say, these photos dont' do this card justice, I had to take the pic outside on a CLOUDY rainy day. the lighting in my hosue STINKS. but this card turned out SO beautiful!!
 The flourish on the left and the bird were HEAT EMBOSSED in clear embossing powder with versamark and then I did the "resist" technique with my Tim Holtz felt distress tool thingy (not sure what it's truly called, the felt squares on the big block with a handle?) LOL I used SU! ballet blue for the background.
and these are the markers I used and my aqua brush...



One I had the heat embossing done, I stamped another bird on white cardstock. in 3 different SU! colors. My inspiration for the humming bird came from the BioZine website, HERE. An interesting article about how the hummingbirds wing speed beats the speed of a fighter jet, VERY interesting!.
 This is the inside of the card. sentiment from SU! occasional quotes, mother's day stamp from SU! teeny tiny wishes and the flourished flowers are an inkadinkado rubber stamp.

Card 2~My ma's card: Here is the front. The tag is a fabric tag from K & Company. I got these from Leslie, and I can't find them ANYWHERE else except on ebay and they are too expensive on there. I'd gladly take DONATIONS of these if you have them and aren't using them. I promise to put them to good use! :) I used some matching embroidery floss to hand stitch around the edges. I didn't do it perfect, because I wanted it to have that "hand made" look.  I added a little bit of stickles glitter to the flowers on the front.
the green flowers are stamped from the Sizzix Framelits butterflies #3 set, and then the butterflies were stamped fromt hat same set and then cut out with the accompanying dies. I added a touch of stickles to their wings and then rolled their wings with my paint brush.
I stamped the flowers again, then hand cut them out and added brads and attached them with glue dots.
 this is the inisde... fuzzy, but just wanted to show it.
 bottom of the inside... mother's day from teeny tiny wishes and sentiment from whimsical words
 this medallion is from K & company... initially it was just the LIGHT PINK and WHITE that you see on the bottom layer. I used my zig markers to spruce it up a bit and carry the colors fromt he front of the card to the inside. I inked the edges and adhered to the card with SU! dimensionals.

Card 3~MY MIL's card:
The plain color CS is all bazzill. the deco background is one that I HAND MADE with my SU! fifth avenue floral stamp set. I just used different colors of SU! ink and layered the stamps. the "love" is from the SU! Sale-a-bration catalog and it's called outlined occasions (this stamp set, sadly is no longer available, you missed out on this GREAT set if you didn't get it!) The "live laugh love" is a border stamp from Fiskars. I LOVE that stamp and I don't use it near enough... I ahve a new card in mind though!
 close up the layering of the background... and I adorned the sentiment strip with gems on the mini flowers and a medium sized gem heart in the middle to dress up that huge open space between the words. The large flower is a mixture of prima (top purple flower), WOC (wild orchid crafts--teal middle flower) and a silk flower on the bottom (I don't know the brand i wish I did casue I like hwo it's done in a "spiral"). the leaves on the bottom are just leaves I hand cut from some green felt and then inked them up wtih some darker green for a bit of shading on the edges.
 this is the inside of the card. Whimsical words for the sentiment and teeny tiny wishes for the mothers day. flower and stem are from this same fifth avenue floral and the leaves are from the SU! build a blossom set. I added a pretty gem to the middle of the flower to carry over the theme from the outside of the card. :)

Well, I hope you liked the cards!!! Be sure to go back to the homepage of my blog and look at the post below this one, it will have the other 3 mother's day cards I made! some beauties there you won't want to miss! :)

Thanks for looking!
Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...