Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A small project... handstamped backgrounds!

I have been having a LOT of trouble lately with my "mojo". So much has been going on in my life, medically, between my issues with my back and neck as a result of my car accident last year and the issues I've been having with my bipolar and my anxiety, it's just not been an easy last few months. I've tried to do things to keep my mind off stuff, but I either can't sit still long enough to do anything, or I can't sit long enough because my back hurts so bad.

Anyhow, in one of my Swap groups we had a swap for hand stamped backgrounds. They needed to be 4x4 inches, but I did mine a tad bigger. I think they are like 4 1/2 x 4. this way, my swap partners still have a little bit of room to work with if they want to die-cut the backgrounds into a shape.

Here's a peak... clicky below to see the rest. :) (I tried to get the best images I could! The ink is NOT black, it's shimmery silver. some of the images look dark, but these were really hard to snap pics of. lol)

We had to do a total of 5 images for each partner, and I had 4 partners. I REALLY did want to be generous and give 10 images to each partner, but by the time I got just one image done, it had taken quite a while.


I made these backgrounds from an assortment of 10 different stamps; 5 clear and 5 rubber.
I used the colorbox silver pigment ink pad. I love it! I got it as a pif from a lady in one of my scrapbooking groups. :)

As you can see from the pic below, the silver ink is REALLY shimmery. These were really difficult to snap pics of!
 

Here is another close up of 2 of the backgrounds... as you can see, SHINY! :)
 and another view of the backgrounds.


Making handmade backgrounds can be really fun, but also tedious! LOL It took me almost 3 hours to do a total of 20. between switching back and forth between stamps, and then of course, with my OCD, I was having a major spaz attack every time I found another open white space. LOL

Handmade backgrounds are a GREAT alternative to deco paper/deco cardstock, ESPECIALLY when you can't find any deco paper that you want to use for a specific project. You can always create your own background with any stamps that you have and ink that will match your other paper/cardstock for your project. Don't be afraid to get creative!! use masks, or whatever. if you have an embossing folder that may match your project, ink up the raised side of the folder and then press it down on some cardstock, and BAM! you have a handstamped background!! ;)

check below for a list of the supplies used to create these!

Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!!
~Melisa Marie

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific, white.  Stamps: Stampin' Up! Snowflake Spot, Fiskars Winter Wonderland, Recollections Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho (not exactly sure that's the name of the set. it has a santa, merry christmas sentiiment, ho ho ho sentiment, border of gifts, snowflake and a few other images). Ink Pads: Colorbox Silver pigment pad, Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue  Tools: cricut paper trimmer, 2 acrylic blocks
, medium and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...