Thursday, September 27, 2012

Two-10 minute cards

Howdy Bloggers! long time no post, huh??? I know! Life has been taking it's toll on me! the beginning of Sept. I had a minor back surgery to do a trial for the spinal stimulator. My car accident last year really messed my back, leg and nerves up! Luckily the trial went well and I will be going in on Oct. 9th for major surgery to have it implanted. I'm not really excited for surgery, but I'm excited to get the small amount of help in pain reduction and the feeling in my leg back! Aside from that just having intermittent issues with my Bi-Polar, but just taking it one day at a time!

anyhow, here are 2 quick, simple and easy cards. I actually made these both in about 10 minutes. I just needed 2 quick cards to put my .45 cent envie swap items in for my 2 partners. You would be amazed at how much can fit in one envie for one single stamp! as long as it isn't "clunky" it will go!


These cards are on cream colored cardstock base and I did some ink distressing around all 4 edges with gray ink.

The birds in this card is stamped in SU! Baroque Burgundy for the body and Tempting Turquoise for the wings, and then I used Going Gray for the beak.

 The bird in the below card is the same as the one above except for the wings are stamped in taken with teal.
The flowers are stamped with my FAVORITE SU! ink color, Rich Razzleberry. This purple is just gorgeous! I stamped the "for you" sentiment in the bottom corner with Pink Passion.
The flourish in the bottom left corner was done by coloring my stamp with my zig brushable markers, rather than using an ink pad. it gives the stamped image a different textural look than the other images on the card, but it allows for a mixture of colors in tight spaces, so I really don't mind the different textural look.

Well, those are my 2 cards. I really hope that my partners like them. We weren't required to make a card, but I figured it wouldn't take me too long and I wanted the stuff I was sending to be protected between cardstock anyways, so why not?!?!

Oh, in case you're wondering what I'm sending, I'm sending some flower and flourish prints on acetate by K&Co., a small assortment of some stamped images and some stamped/punched images, about 12 inches of ribbon, a couple tags from assorted K&Co. tag books, and a tag from K&Co. that has it's own sleeve. I did the same items for each partner, but different designs of stuff. I really hope they like what they get, I know if I got that envie, I would!! :)

Thanks for looking, see below for a complete list of supplies used on my cards.
Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper: Unknown brand of pre-folded blank cream colored card and envie. Stamps: Stampin' Up! Elmentary Elegance.  Ink Pads: ALL Stampin' Up! ink pads used: Baroque Burgundy, Going Gray, Pink Passion, Rich Razzleberry, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise.  Coloring/Writing Supplies: Zig Brushable Markers.   Tools:
Inkadinkado Acrylic Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...