Monday, August 20, 2012

A couple Patriotic Cards!!

A friend of mine ordered some custom cards from me a few months ago. she had also ordered 2 patriotic cards. during all the shuffle of redoing my craft room, they were delayed in getting done, but I did them and then lost them. LOL So I redid them for her last night and made her 2 additional cards free charge of for the wait (which it's NOT my norm being late, but she wasn't in a hurry, which is a good thing).

So here are a couple sneak peeks. Clicky Click click below for full pics. :)

Blue Bursts
Red Bursts
 Distressed Flag
 Scalloped Flag



 Howdy! So, I'm going to try to make my blog posts shorter from now on. I'll just give a "few" details of the cards and then list ALL the supplies at the very very bottom of the blog post after I've finished showing all the pics. this should save y'all some reading. :)

 So here is the blue bursts card.
Front:
Bursts are so pretty. I think these are really flowers, but they work just as well as bursts. LOL remind me of fireworks! I stamped them in versamark and then heat embossed them in blue. I put red gems in the center of each one. A strip of deco cardstock and a scalloped border punch created the cute border strip across the bottom. Add some ribbon and that just jazzes it up a bit!
The sentiment is from a mini stamp set and is stamped in SU! black CRAFT ink and then hit with my heat gun to set it.
 Inside.
I used a border stamp for the star borders and then stamped my sentiment from SU! stamp set. :)

 I made this card LAST night, and after sleeping on it, I decided I REALLY liked it and wanted to make another one like it but I didn't wanna use the same colors. So, I re-created it with Red... seen below, Red Bursts:
The technique for the front was exactly the same as the blue bursts card, except for the strip of deco cardstock. The dots on it were WAY too light. they were actually light blue, so I just took one of my zig brushable markers and colored the dots in to make them darker. They don't look like it in the pic, but they actually match the blue gems better than the photo captures.
 for the inside I just did the star border at the top and bottom this time, and then for the sentiment I used my same zig brushable marker that I colored the dots in with on the front strip of cardstock to color the stamp and then stamp the sentiment.
Scalloped Flag:
This one was actually a pain to do. LOL I used a small star punch for the stars. I used 2 inch strips of cardstock and my scalloped border punch for the "stripes" of the flag. Lining them up was not as easy as one would think. But overall, it turned out ok. :) I used SU! black CRAFT ink for the sentiment of 'celebrate!' and heat set it.

 for the inside a quick stamp of the star from a SU! set and birthday sentiment from the same inkadinkado set as the celebrate from the front and you have a cute Patriotic themed birthday card. :)


 and last up is what I call Distressed Flag. I'm not sure if that's a good name for it, but eh, close enough. LOL
the middle has the same image that the left and right side of the card has. I heat embossed them in white and then used my Tim Holtz ink blending tool (that thing on the handle that you use with the felt pieces). I love how it turned out the photo really does NOT do this card justice. it's so neat in hand. :)
for the curve of the cardstock at the bottom I used my french curve architect ruler. pretty neat things. I have a whole set of 8 of them. I love them!! so many different curves and shapes, especially if you use the inside curves of the rulers :)

 I used the hello stamp in SU! black CRAFT ink and then heat set it.
I tried to get a better pic of the front so y'all could see the white of the middle flower burst. but that didn't come out so well. LOL I took about 20 pics trying to get it and it just didn't wanna take. :-/ sorry! I thought the front was kinda plain and I was goign to add some gems (3, in Red White and Blue) going down the bottom right side, but I figured no, cause if she wanted to give this card to a guy, that would be sorta eh. but in my opinion, this is still a little plain!

for the inside I used one of the "star stream" stamps from one of my mini studio g sets. it's actually from a "fairy" set. LOL but hey, it works! :)

Well, those are my cards! I hope you like them. I wouldn't quite say I've got my "mojo" back but I just really really needed to get the cards done! :)

See below for a list of supplies.
Keep on Craftin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

Blue Burst Card
Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Authentique, My Minds Eye; Dreamy2 Enchanted Red Pin Stripe Deco Cardstock.  Embellishments: Red Gems, Blue Grosgrain Ribbon.   Stamps: Unity; Now & Always, Studio G Minis; thinking of you, Making Memories; Just Chillin'-Girl (star border), Stampin' Up!; Whimsical Words.   Ink Pads: Stampin' Up! black craft, Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue, Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink, Versamark.   Coloring/Writing Supplies: Zig Brushable Markers.   Tools: Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), glossy accents, MS score board, cricut paper trimmer
, Inkadinkado Acrylic Blocks, Marvy Uchida heat embossing tool, Stampin' Up! Scalloped border punch, Blue embossing powder.

 Red Burst Card
Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Authentique; Journey Collection Deco Cardstock.  Embellishments: Blue Gems, red satin ribbon.   Stamps: Unity; Now & Always, Studio G Minis; thinking of you, Making Memories; Just Chillin'-Girl (star border), Stampin' Up!; Whimsical Words.   Ink Pads: Stampin' Up! black craft, Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink, Versamark.   Coloring/Writing Supplies: Zig Brushable Markers.   Tools: Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), glossy accents, MS score board, cricut paper trimmer
, Inkadinkado Acrylic Blocks, Marvy Uchida heat embossing tool, Stampin' Up! Scalloped border punch, Red embossing powder.

Distressed Flag Card
Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific.  Stamps: Unity; Now & Always, Unity, Just wanted to say, K & Co. Amy Butler "Lotus Greetings", Studio G. Mini's Fairy Set (stars).   Ink Pads: Stampin' Up! black craft, Versamark.   Coloring/Writing Supplies: Zig Brushable Markers (3 dots after hello sentiment).   Tools: Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), glossy accents, MS score board, cricut paper trimmer
, Inkadinkado Acrylic Blocks, Marvy Uchida heat embossing tool, Tim Holtz Ink blending handle.

Scalloped Flag Card
Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific.  Embellishments: Red Gems, Blue Grosgrain Ribbon.   Stamps: Unity; Now & Always, Studio G Minis; thinking of you, Making Memories; Just Chillin'-Girl (star border), Stampin' Up!; Whimsical Words.   Ink Pads: Stampin' Up! black craft, Versamark.   Coloring/Writing Supplies: Zig Brushable Markers.   Tools: Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), glossy accents, MS score board, cricut paper trimmer
, Inkadinkado Acrylic Blocks, Marvy Uchida heat embossing tool, White embossing powder, Stampin' Up! scalloped border punch, mini star punch, Quickutz-Lifestyle Crafts Quickstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...