Saturday, November 24, 2012

5 cards...

I have a couple of cards to share with you. I had a local gal I know place a LARGE order for some handmade cards from me. She wants 1 card per week from last week until valentines day. Last week I managed to get some cards done for her including one for thanksgiving this week.

I also had to make a christmas card for my "secret santa" swap partner for our SS swap in my craft group. :)
Here are the 4 cards I made her, plus my SS card.

First up is the Thanksgiving card I made her. I must say myself, it is ABSOLUTELY adorable!!! I used THIS adorable guy, "Tiny the Turkey" from Digital Delights by Louby Loo and made him as a paper piecing. The photo isn't that great and doesn't show a lot of the detail, but I used my colorbox catseye queue ink stacks in a few different colors to do some highlighting to him and give him some definition.

All of the colored CS and the DSP used on the card is The Paper Studio Company. I used "Jute Twine" on the pattern dsp of the chevrons. I have come to really, really LOVE using jute twine. I like the rugged look it gives. it's perfect for this type of card, or really, any type of card that will be given to a guy. :)


 I used the Digital Stamped Image for the top layer of the sign and put it in my photo program. I used my text tool to add the sentiment to the sign and then printed it on coordinating tan cs, cut it out and adhered as the top layer of the sign.
 For the inside of the card, this is the exact sentiment that she wanted, so I typed it Microsoft word as the "footer" on the page that way I had enough room all at the top of the white cs to mat it to the inside of the card, leaving a small area of tan all the way around.
 clickety, click click the link below to see the rest of the cards.



This card that I made for her was a CASE card. I saw this really cute CAS card and wanted to change it up a bit. I know that hexagons are really in right now so I thought that shape would work well with the hearts.
This card is a CASE from the card Ange made HERE at Creative Inspirations. I love how mine turned out.
Here is my card:
It was pretty easy to make the hexagons and the sentiment on the front. I just created them in Microsoft Word. I used the "draw" tool in Word to do the hexagons and then I typed the sentiment and chose the font out of the 3,500 or so fonts I have installed on my computer. LOL

after I printed it, I just cut it down to size to center it on the kraft cardstock. I used a small heart punch and punched out the hearts. I put foam pop ups behind them to raise them off the paper.
when I was inking up my stamp to stamp on the back of the card, I accidentally dropped my "rich razzleberry" pad on the corner of the white cardstock. I was so mad cause I wanted to keep the card clean! but, then I said hey, if I line off the corners of the white cs, it will look like the edges of the hexagon. LOL so, I guess it came out ok.
 I used my colorbox paintbox rainbow ink pad for the sentiment on the inside, which is from the Stampin' Up! Whimsical Words set.

My next card is also a CASE card. I used the same idea and sentiment for the card, and the same "character", but a different stamp of that character. I CASE'd THIS card from Toni that she posted on Splitcoaststampers. I love how it came out!

Toni used "piggyback Changito" on her card; however, I used the 2 swinging monkeys from the Changito Dos stamp set (Stampendous). I colored them with my prismacolor pencils and then blended with gamsol.
 I also used the "hang on to you" sentiment stamp from Stampendous as well. for the vine, I traced over the vine shape with a green zig marker andt hen drew on little leaves. for the hearts, I used the "love" square from the CTMH Words to Live By stamp set. I only inked the hearts in the corners though to stamp them. I matted the image on green bazzill and distressed the edges with brown from a colorbox catseye queue ink stack and then added it to some brown kraft cardstock. I was able to get this card and the above card made with one sheet of 12x12 kraft CS and still have some left over from that piece! I love how this card came out, just so cute! I didn't take a pic of the inside, cause I just stamped "you are amazing" on the inside from the Unity "Just wanted to say" set.


for this next card, I made one similar for my husband last year for valentines day and decided to make one for her, but I changed up the size and a few other things on it.

I popped the owls up off the card with some foam pop dots. the red cs is bazzill and all of the deco CS is dsp from the Bo Bunny "Crazy Love" pad. I made the owls with the Stampin' Up! owl builder punch. the heart weeds, heart line and love sentiment are from the Stampin' Up! Valentine Defined set. I stamped the love sentiment on a tab punch out from the Stampin' Up! Tab Punch and adhered it with a single glue dot on the back and then used a silver spiral paper clip. I initially used a "heart" paper clip, but I didn't like how the majority of the clip was behind the dsp and not visible, and it just looked like a "V", so I thought the spiral was better.

 for the inside, I used the same stamp of the heart weeds and then used a sentiment from Stampin' Up! Whimsical Words which is stamped in TH barn door ink.

So, those are all of the cards from last week for my customer. When I took them to her she was SUPER excited! I put the owl card on the bottom of the stack so it was the last one she looked at. she loves owls (who doesn't, right? they are SUPER CUTE!) and she was gaga over this card! :) I'm so glad she liked everything. I will be making her more cards next week, but I really needed to rest up this week.

Here is the card that I made for my partner for the Secret Santa swap in my craft group.

 I ran white CS through my big kick with the Stampin' Up! Top Note Die and then I stamped the Stampin' Up! Christmas Postcard stamp in TH barn door ink. I used my TH distress tool with Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip classic ink and rubbed it all over the top note, so it gave it a nice tan distressed color. 
 the DSP is from the Paper Studio Company "Old World Winter" 6x6 pad. I used the very last of my most FAVORITE cream colored lace on the strip of bazzill. You've seen this lace on my cards in the past. I have no clue what "type" of lace it is, I got it from a swap, but I sent a piece of "scrap" lace (not long enough to do anything with) to my ma and she is going to take it to Joann's and see if she can figure out what it is so that I can get more.
The sentiment inside is from the Stampin' Up! Occasional Quotes set and stamped in TH barn door. I have come to REALLY love those TH distress ink pads. I want one in every color now. haha. I think they stamp so beautifully and with a clear and crisp image.
 Well, that's it for now. I have to get off here for a bit. I did manage to make another birthday card for our friend Jenn, I will get that posted later. I also have 13 other cards that I had made for my partner for the Secret Santa swap. so I have to resize those and then I can get those posted up here.

I hope you like the cards I posted today.
Keep on Craftin'!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...