Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wild Birthday!

Next month is my little sisters 20th birthday! Sadly, with everything going on lately with my health, I completely spaced on it. I'm such a horrible sister, I know. pfffttthhhh. :-/
Well anyhow, I worked on this card last night, and I did get it done on time and it went out to her priority mail this morning. It will definitely make it to her on time and for that I'm glad.

It's ALWAYS difficult making cards for my sis because she isn't froo froo girly girl. LOL (isn't it always hard making cards for girls like that?) So, I decided to go with a multilayer layout that has some womanly touches to it, but that is fun and funky as well! the way this card came out isn't exactly how I sketched it on paper, but anyone that knows me will tell you I am HORRIBLE with measuring, so it actually came out a little different than I had wanted. the layers of the card on the bottom came out too big, and the top layer with the images came out just right for the card, when I had envisioned them bigger. so in the end it worked out!

Here is a sneak peek, click below to see the rest.


So I ended up going with cardstock that is leopard and zebra print. They are from The Paper Studio  and it's the Safari Untamed 8x8 pad.
this card was hard to photograph because all of the dsp from that pad is glossy! talk about flashback, haha. out of 20 or so pics that I took, this was the best one of the whole card without major glare.





Initially, I was going to use coordinating ribbon around the doily, but decided against that because I tihnk it would have made the card WAY too busy. so, I just went with some black and white bakers twine. I'm happy I went with that because it looks better than when I had the ribbon on it. :)
 I ran the purple/black leopard dsp through my big kick with the Stampin' Up! Doily Die. I love how it turned out, and I'm glad that my initial idea with the size and measurements didn't turn out how I wanted, otherwise more of the doily would have been covered up. I think this fits perfectly!

For the image in the middle I used the Stampin' Up! Elementary Elegance set. I heat embossed the "frame" in purple. Actually, I had heat embossed 2 images, one in this flat purple and one in glittered purple. but, the glittered one didn't turn out how I wanted it, the glitter was all falling off. I'm not pleased with the twinkle embossing powder and frankly I think it was a waste of money because I haven't been able to use the purple one "successfully" yet.
But, I'm glad that this one turned out arlight. I stamped the senti and then punched it wtih the coordinating curly label punch.

I used 3 "square" brads and jsut turned them sideways to make them look like diamond shape. I actually tried it both as diamond shape and square shape. I didn't like it square, it just looked funny. lol I think the points of the brads coordinate well with the curly label shape.

Here is the card on its back. like the last card, I again used my own fun foam and some glossy accents to make the foam pop up squares. I swear, I don't know why I ever wasted money on foam pop up sheets, this is just as good. I could make them any size I want, but I used bigger squares tihs time to get more coverage so that the whole piece popped up and I didn't have it sagging in the middle.



Here is the inside of the card. I used the Happiest Birthday Wishes set. for the sentiment I covered the stamp in rich razzleberry, then wiped off the top and bottom. I did the rock and roll technique with the stamp on the taken with teal ink pad. I  LOVE how this came out!! super cute. :)
I used some flourish ends from one of my recollections sets (that I seem to be finding to be more and more versatile!)

Well, that's my card. Hope it inspired you to craft something wild! ;)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie



Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper: Colorbok; Textured White CS, The Paper Studio; Black CS, The Paper Studio; Safari Untamed 8x8 mat stack.

Embellishments:
Doodlebug Designs: Black and White Duo Bakers Twine, Hampton Art A La Mode Embossing Powder: Basic Colors “Purple”.
Ink Pads:  
Stampin' Up! Taken with Teal, Stampin’ Up! Rich Razzleberry
Stamps:
 Stampin’ Up! “Elementary Elegance”, Stampin’ Up! “Happiest Birthday Wishes”, Recollections “Dates and Flourishes-Postscript”
Tools:
 MS Score Board, Cricut Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Inkadinkado Acrylic Stamp Blocks Sizzix Big Kick, Stampin’ Up! Doily Die, Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (15 in. x 18 in.), Glossy Accents, White Fun Foam Squares, Scotch Double Sided Scrapbook Tape, Glue Dots 3/16”, Marvy Uchida Silver Heat Embossing Tool-2500, Darice TrayMate Craft Embossing Tray With Funnel 6" x 8" Blue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...