Saturday, March 23, 2013

Together Always-Anniversary Tag for Hubby

On the 18th of this month, Hubby and I celebrated our 7th 'wedding' anniversary and I wanted to make him something nice, but not a traditional card. Though we've been together for almost 16 years, we didn't get married until 2006.
Initially, I didn't want to make a traditional card, but then I changed my mind and started working on a card. But then, I changed my mind again. LOL Kinda like how I changed my mind about my wedding dress 2 times!! So, I ended up doing a tag. This is actually a double sided tag, but I was kinda upset that I couldn't figure out a way to incorporate a place for me to write something. so, I had to write a separate letter and include it with the tag.

anyhow, here is the first side of the tag, click below to see the rest of the pics. :) Thanks for looking! (click any pic to make it bigger for detail)





So that was the front, here are 2 close-ups of the front.
I hand wrote the words that I put inside the banners to give it a more personal touch, other than the fact that I handmade the tag.
The white ribbon is an unknown brand and the copper sheer ribbon is Prima.
For that heart, it is copper color, I just used some TH silver mixative alcohol ink to highlight the letters and to outline the heart. I had put it on without outlining it, but it blended into the tag too well, it really needed to stand out. I used a 'spare parts' spiral paper clip to put the heart on. I had to basically destroy the bottom spiral just to get that heart on there! it took forever. I used my jewelry making pliers, 3 different pairs! that wire didn't want to come undone. lol
 the banners were printed from Microsoft Word, I don't have any actual banner stamps, well just one, but it's way too large to use on a tag.
This is originally how the tag looked on this side, without the banners and ribbon etc.:

 It was a Tim Holtz manilla tag. I used 4 different alcohol inks and some plain ol' felt to apply it in streaks to the tag. Then I used the Ranger archival ink to stamp the wings. for the background, I wanted colors that were bold, but beautiful. I love the red, and purple together. colors of love and beauty. :)

 Below is the back side of the tag. to be honest, I was quite stumped as to what to do with the back because when I "started" this tag, after I had changed my mind about making card, this was the first side that I made. I decided I wasn't happy with the colors because they were too dark, and that I didn't think the black wings would look good on it, so I flipped it over and did the other side. So, this side was an oops, that needed to be used as best as possible.

To make this background, I used the TH Vintage Photo ink... I didn't have the actual inkpad, but I had a bottle of reinker, so I put it on some felt and used my TH distress handle to fully cover the tag. Then, I used some regular felt (without the TH handle) to streak some alcohol inks over it. I used 3 colors.
Hubby really loves the old trucks and cars from the Tim Holtz sets, so I figured this would be nice to use. I'm all about our "journey", and telling the story to friends of how we met, and our life etc. Hubby and I have had a very rough life, but we make the best of it. :) it's been a hard journey, but we have some amazing, wonderful memories!
I thought this TH quote worked well for this side of the tag. it was a longer quote, but I didn't think the rest of it was necessary so I masked the stamp and just stamped this portion of it. I added a red safety pin, it makes it look like it's attached to the tag. That is always important when attaching something to a card or a tag. always use something such as a brad, a button, a paperclip, etc. otherwise, it just looks unfinished and mysterious, like "wow, how is that staying on there?". of course, we all know it's with a glue dot or something of the like, but still, it's gotta look finished.

 hubby always tells me "I love you for always" so I liked the idea of putting a clock in the back of the truck. The arrows actually spin freely, in a complete 360 circle, both hands.
The title is stamped in versamark and then heat embossed in Ranger super fine embossing powder.
I stamped the truck in memento tuxedo black, but only blotted the stamp with the ink, and then stamped it, and did it again. I didn't want a full covered image, I wanted it to look as vintage as possible. I then used my SU! blender pen with some SU! going gray to shade the windows and the rest of the parts of the truck that were "white". It just didn't look right with them not shaded in, they were too bright and it was just too much.
Here are some pics of the tag on it's 2 backsides, I added quite a bit of dimension to the tag with fun foam. I can't get enough of that stuff! My ma got me a huge block of sheets, there were like 20 or something in the package in all different colors. it's GREAT for making my own foam pop up dimentionals because those things can be extremely expensive, especially with as much as I use. LOL I used red foam on this tag, I thought it blended in better than the white.




Well that is my special tag for hubby. He really liked it. He said he had been wondering what I was working on in there for so long. He said he knew it was something that was frustrating me, cause he said I was yellin' all day long. LOL and yes, seriously, I was!!! it took me around 8 hours total to do this tag, from the time I started the first side, to the time I finished. I kept changing my mind, drawing a new sketch changing color pallets etc. before i finally settled and applied the ink and pieces to the tag. I am still not extremely happy with the way the 2nd side (side with the truck) turned out, but hubby liked it and appreciated it, so that's all that matters. :)

Thanks for looking!
Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie


Anniversary Tag for Hubby:
Cardstock/Paper: Georgia Pacific Cardstock: White, 110 lb.; Tim Holtz Manilla Tag
Stamps: Tim Holtz “Regal Flourish”, Tim Holtz “The Journey”, Tim Holtz “Heartfelt”
Embellishments: Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder, Spare Parts spiral paperclip, Spare Parts arrows, spare Parts silver micro brad, Generic red safety pin, Prima copper ribbon, unknown brand white ribbon
Ink Pads & Coloring Mediums:   Ranger Archival “Jet Black”, Versamark watermark pad, TH Barn Door, TH Vintage Photo (refill), TH Alcohol Inks: Watermelon, Sailboat Blue, Purple Twilight, Meadow, Silver Mixative, Zig Marker, Blue Jay.
Tools: Cricut Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Inkadinkado Acrylic Stamp Blocks, Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (15 in. x 18 in.), Glass Cutting Board (my hard stamping surface), Glossy Accents, Glue Glider Pro (Pink), glue glider pro Perma-Tac adhesive (permanent), Glue Dots 3/16”, Fun Foam (red-to create my OWN foam pop ups-just add a glue dot to each side), TH Blending Tool, Generic Felt (white-to use on the blending tool—no need to purchase the expensive TH foam or felt refills!!), Marvy Uchida Silver Heat Embossing Tool-2500, Darice TrayMate Craft Embossing Tray With Funnel 6" x 8" Blue, Kodak Photo Printer, Microsoft Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...