Sunday, January 19, 2014

Okie Dokie, Slow Pokie! Here's a Card!

Howdy Y'all!!! I know I said a month ago that I'd update with some crafts, but holy moly I've been SOOOOOOOOO busy and overwhelmed! So, FINALLY, here is a card from this slow poke. lol

Also, the last 3 days I've actually been sitting down and working on some crafts!!!

And, here is a "small" update of a card I recently made. Had a lot of fun coming up with this one, I actually did NOT use a sketch. :) I don't know the names of all the companies for some of the supplies I used, since I just relocated across the U.S. all of my craft stuff is in storage back East.

I'm slowwwwly working on rebuilding my stash with new supplies, and all of the stuff I used to make this card, were in a small box of mish-mash supplies that my friend Laura M. sent me from Massachusetts. :) she's a good swap buddy and always sends me some of the cutest card making stuff! Thanks Laura!

Anyhow, here ya go. It's a thinking of you card.
I made the card a little wonky, rather than all straight. I thought it gave it some nice contrast considering I used square cardstock on the top two layers, against a rounded mat in the back and the rounded corners of the senti tag (which was cut with the SU! Decorative Label Punch)





for the top mat, I ran the swiss dots EF through the big shot and then used SU! Bashful Blue to brayer over the raised dots.



Here's the card on it's back. I know the CS looks "warped" but it isn't. I didn't glue the edges of the CS down, so that it gave the card some extra dimension.  I used foamies to pop up the senti and the border strip.



Here is a close up of the senti and the flower. I used a plain flat brad to hold the flower together and then I used glossy accents to glue a gem onto it.















I'm not really sure what these small circles are that I used. I know they are stickers, they came in a pack of 8... I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are "epoxy stickers" but I'm not sure because there was no packaging to them. I just thought they went well with the card here instead of putting more gems. sometimes, too much bling is a bad, bad thing. LOL (I know, most paper crafters wouldn't agree with me on that, but ya know, we all have our own styles).
well, that's my card!
I've been crafting for the last 3 days, so I'll have lots more cards, and I'll work on updating my blog over the next few days.
I hope that you've enjoyed looking. :)

 Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...