Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A special card for Special Someones on a new Journey

The beginning of the year my lil' big bro (he is younger than me by 4 years, but WAYYYY taller than I am. LOL) and his new wife, my AWESOME Sister-In-Law, moved from their small town in Montana to Layton, Utah. My brother is in the military, so his job took them for a while.

I wanted to make a very special card for them. I know that my SIL was having a difficult time with the move, because she's lived in Montana her whole life and never ventured far from home. My brother on the other hand, has literally traveled the whole world, by way of his job.

anyhow, I was looking through all of my stamp sets... ok, let me not lie, I SPREAD ALL OF MY STAMP SETS OUT ON THE FLOOR (lol), so that I had a GOOD view of everything, hoping that something would just JUMP out at me for an idea of what I could make. I didn't have any cars, or trucks, or trains, but I did have 2 bicycles. This was PERFECT cause they are both the outdoors-y type.

So here is the card I came up with, a little sneak peek, click below to see the full card...









So, what do you think???? Cute, huh?!?!?!
I used the bicycle from the HOTP "Bike" set and I put the scene on a SU! Top Note diecut. I used a sponge dobber for the grass and the sky with some torn paper to form the shapes I wanted.
Originally the bike stamp only has ONE bike seat, but I inked up the stamp a 2nd time, and added another one! LOL I thought it was cute for a tandem bike. :) I added the 2 butterflies that were cut from the MS 3-in-1 Butterfly punch. I really wasn't sure if I should put them on there or not, but eh, it came out ok. The colors of the butterflies were the wedding colors for my Brother and new SIL. he had the green and she had the teal (one of my favorite colors!)

 The flowers were a the most tedious part of this card... I stamped them all from the same stamp set (one TINY little flower stamp) and then I meticulously fussy cut each one out. I layered them with Tombow Mono Multi glue and then attached them over the bike basket.

the  background card stock was the orange that was ran through the Sizzix Big Shot with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.
I handmade the pinwheel by cutting a 3" x 3" square out of deco paper and then cutting slits at each corner and twisting it inward. I stuck each corner piece down to a glue dot and then pushed the brad through (it's harder to push through a glue dot than one might think, LOL).
 The sentiment from the front, along with the sentiment and arrows on the inside are from the CTMH "It's Your Day, Constant Campaign".

I think I meshed the 2 sentiments (inside and outside) together well. They are both very adventurous, love the outdoors; hunting, hiking, camping, fishing, and I hope bike riding?! LOL

well, that's it for this post! I hope you've enjoyed the card I made. Thank you for stopping by, be sure to come back soon, I still have more to share! :)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...