Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Note For You... Music Inspired Cards

A couple of months ago I went to my LSS, Scrapbook Kyandyland and found these cute little music instrument chipboard pieces in the .25 cent bowl. I love that she has these bowls because she puts such awesome stuff in them. For the 2 pieces I found, I ended up making 2 cards, one for each chipboard piece.

Here is a small sneak peek, click below to see the full size pics of the 2 cards...








so here is the first one I made. these 2 are pretty much the exact same. LOL but, they were quick and easy and came out really cute, which is really all that matters, right? ;)

Here is the Piano one...
I used Bazzil card stock for the base, and all 4 deco card stock pieces are scraps I had left over from the DCWV "the Chateau Lavender Matstack". I really ADORE this matstack and will definitely have to buy another one because I'm getting low on my favorite sheets from this one (they are only 4.5" x 6.5", so that doesn't leave much "scraps")
 I just attached the piano with some glue dots once I attached my deco cardstock. The Sentiment is from the CTMH "Just for You" set and I simply stamped that onto some white card stock and then punched it out with my SU! Decorative Label punch. inking the edges just made it look better than being plain. I attached 3 pearls in the top corner with some glossy accents.

*************************
Here is the 2nd card, I used a Saxophone chipboard piece on this one...

 see, pretty much the same, just a different background, I used Kraft card stock this time, and, sadly, the very last pieces of my scraps from the DCWV "the Chateau Lavender Matstack" :(
 As you can see here, the chipboard piece is pretty thick, so it really popped off the card nicely with some dimension. :)

Well, that's it for this post. Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you liked the cards I made. :)
Check back soon, I will have more to share!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...