Saturday, May 17, 2014

Lots of Butterflies... 2 cards

Here are 2 cards that I made about a month or so ago. I hope you enjoy. here is a sneak peek, click below to see the full pics...

I love how these 2 cards came out! They were super fun to make, too!

I used the long butterfly cluster stamp from the Inkadinkado "Patterned Bugs" stamp set. I stamped them in SU! Rich Razzleberry. I used the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment from the Inkadinkado "Collaged Expressions" set.

 The scalloped border strip is a strip of white muslin scalloped border from pinkpaislee. It's the "(MIST)-A-BLES", but instead of "misting" it I soaked it in a little big of water mixed with my SU! Tempting Turquoise reinker.  I love how it came it out!!
The gems are from Studio G, pack of 60 self-adhesive (though I did use glossy accents to be sure they stuck for good!
I used some of the silver christmas tag ribbon to wrap around the scalloped muslin and I love how it turned out!
 This flower was SO fun to make! I took several layers of white tissue paper and ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot with the TH "Tattered Floral" die. then I used a makeup sponge to color each individual layer of tissue paper with SU! Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise.
I used a white brad to hold it all together and then adhered to the card with 4 glue dots.
 Here is a side view of the card...you can really see all the layers of the flower!
The card is blank inside.

*******************************
Here's the 2nd card.
same as the first just a different sentiment and I used pearls instead of gems.


  I handmade the flower for this one same as above but I didn't use as many layers.

Well, that all I have to show for now. I've gotten my blog fully caught up with all my projects from over the last few months. I've been working on a few other cards over the last week that I need to snap some pics of, so as soon I get them snapped, I'll post them here.

Thanks for stoppin' by and please come back to see me soon.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...