Monday, May 19, 2014

2 cards for 2 Great Friends!

Hey Y'all, what's goin' on?
Not much here, just been resting at home trying to get used to my new psych meds. It's given me lots of down time, so I have been able to get in some crafting time.

I've started about 10 different cards and am slowly getting them done...but trying not to start new ones in the meantime of working on the other ones. But, sometimes a great idea pops into my head and I just HAVE to start working on it.

Anyhow, here are 2 cards I made for 2 of my good friends. Sneak peek, so click below to see the rest of the pics.







So, I made a card late last year that had a similar layout to this one and I've gotta say, it's one of the few layouts that I LOVE out of all my creations. So, I thought I'd try it out again with some other embellishments.

My 2 friends live back on the East Coast, I wish hubby and I could have stayed there, we miss it SO much! the pace of life, the people, and of course, the WEATHER. Las Vegas weather SUCKS!! (and if I could say that any more stern that I did, I would! LOL)

Anyhow, here are the cards...
Card 1:

These cards have such great layers. The card base is Kraft card stock, and then on top of that is a shaped sheet from a K&Co. mat stack (don't know the name of it cause it was given to me with a few loose sheets in a box of swap stuff). I stacked some Pink Bazzil card stock on top of the mat sheet.

The dot card stock is just plain white ran through the Big Shot with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. I used the CTMH "Sweet Leaf" ink pad to color the raised portion of the sheet.

The little adorable ladybug medallion is from Miss Elizabeth's line, they are metal trimmed stickers. I got a whole pack at a yard sale for .25 cents!
**I chose the ladybug medallion for this card because this card is going to my friend who I always have called "Ladybug". She is super sweet, she loves everyone, she is so carefree and just goes where the wind takes her. :) perfectly fitting for her!
 


  I don't know what brand the mini border is (or the corner pieces), I also received that in the swap box (if you know who they are, please comment and let me know!!!)
The flowers are Prima flowers and the brad is a Recollections mini brad.

The sentiment is a Studio112  Dimensional Sticker with the butterfly. I attached it to card stock so that it gave it a stiff back in order for me to be able to mount it with foam squares.

 As you can see, the card has nice layers and it doesn't look completely flat. :)
 
On the inside I stamped the "thinking of you" sentiment from the K&Company Amy Butler "Lotus Greetings" set.
*********************************
This second card is pretty much the same, but just a couple of subtle differences
I used another deco paper piece from a K&Co. mat stack and the same pink Bazzil card stock. I used the last of my pink for this card, and I think it went to very cute use! 
The top is another piece I used the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder on. I used CTMH "Creme Brule" stamp pad to ink the raised dots.

the little medallion in the top corner is from the "hello luscious" line of Basicgrey epoxy stickers. it's held on with a glue dot for maximum hold because all know that those stickers that say "self adhesive" really aren't good stick ons once they go through the mail.
 The flower is a stack 2 Prima flowers on top of the Tye-Dye Recollections flower on the bottom. I used a tye-die flower because my friend who this is going to, loves tye-dye stuff! thankfully the colors matched perfectly to the butterfly and sentiment, as well as the border strip.
The sentiment is from the same line as the card above Studio112 "Thank You Dimensional Stickers"
they are great for finishing off awesome quick and easy cards.
  Here you can see how everything is popped up with the foam dementionals.
  and here is the sentiment at the bottom inside the card.


Well, those are my 2 cards for today. I hope you like them. Please come back to see me soon, I will have more to share.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...