Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Ok, Here's a card!!!

Hey y'all!!!! What's goin' on? I know I was here back in October and said that I'd be back shortly with a post of alllllllllllll the AWESOME and AMAZING Halloween cards that I did, and I know I never came back to post, but a LOT has been going on lately!!! And to be honest, life, and my Bipolar has just completely gotten in the way of me being able to sit down and do a post.

But, alas, HERE I AM WITH A CARD!!!
So, "last" week, on Wednesday the 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, I had to rush and make my brother and his wife, my FAVORITEEEEEEEEE sister in law, a Christmas card. They were here visiting for thanksgiving, but we did our Christmas since they will be in Montana for Christmas with her family.
But, I can say, my Christmas gift was a beautiful Big Shot machine. Mine is still in storage in Vermont and I was using my mom's. So, my brother and SIL got me my very own! (I'll post a pic of the gorgeous one I got, at the end of the post!)

Oh, and BTW, I'm going to be an AUNTIE, again. yeah, so my prego SIL gets to spend Christmas with her family, but I got to spend thanksgiving with her. :D
Anyhow, here is the card I made them.... sneak peek, click below to see the rest.





so, Here's the rest of the front, and the inside...


Isn't this SO cute??? Ok, well, it is, but it isn't exactly what I had in mind, but, for a "rush" 20 minute card (including the coloring of the image), I think I did a decent job. I really wanted to make this more along the lines of my Magnolia cards, something 6" x 6" square and really fancy with all these little doo-dads and whatnots, and, I also had in mind to make one of my famous top note die gift card holder cards (yes, I said "famous"... because one year, a few years back, I sold 27 of those things!!!) but it just didn't work out the way I wanted to make either type of card.
But, I do have about 15 more christmas cards to make over the next 2 weeks, so hopefully, I can get at least one done that way. :)

So, here on the front, I stamped the Image (supply list at end of post) and then ran it through my big shot with the circle die. I matted it on the scalloped circle and then popped it up with super 3d squares.

The 2 snowflake papers are flat on the card, but the sentiment is also popped up, with 3d circles. Not as high as the image though. For the blue snowflake paper, I added that to a white piece of card stock that was punched with the Fiskars Embossing punch Winter Greeting. My punch is basically dead in the water, and I contacted Fiskars, but it's retired, so they can't replace it. I'm bummed about that. Thankfully a friend let me use hers. :)


 Inside, I knew I had to make some sort of gift card holder for the gift card hubby and I got them, but I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I cut a slit in the snowflake paper and then layered it on top of some more embossed/punched card stock and used LOTS of double sided sticky tape to be sure to keep it together and make sure the slit was tight enough to hold the card without it falling out, but not too tight that it wouldn't come out. LOL


 the slit is hard to see, but it's there, I promise!


 I guess ya can kinda see it.... there is a bit of a white line in the middle of the snowflake paper, that's where it's at.



Well, that's it for this post! I can say that I still have a LOT of cards to come back and post. I'm not going to back date any of the posts, so you'll get to see some Halloween cards in December. LOL Hey, as much as hubby and I love Halloween, that isn't a bad thing, at all!

Ok, so here's a few snapshots of one of the sides of my craft counter with my beautiful new Big Shot. I really LOVE the teal color!!! It's my favorite! <3





Alrighty, so be sure to check back SOON, like, throughout this week, because seriously, EVERY time I get a free minute, I will be working on my drafts of my posts and they will be posted every so often. I have some Halloween Cards, and some other stuff, too. :)

Here's my supply list for this card, and I'll talk to y'all soon!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie


Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper:
 Colorbok forest green (base and scalloped image mat), MME (My Mind's Eye) Unknown name (red dot card stock), Tan snowflake card stock (unknown name/maker), Paper Pizazz/HOTP Snowflakes, Paper Pizazz/HOTP Blue Snowflakes & Swirls #20204, White 80 lb. card stock.
Embellishments:
 Stickles; Crystal and Diamond, Mini red gems, silver shimmer ribbon
Coloring Medium(s): Premier Prismacolored pencils, Gamsol, paper stumps
Ink Pads:   Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH sweet leaf
Stamps:
 unity stamp company (itty bitty collection) Birdies, Hugs & Mistletoe
Tools:
 Slice glass mat (I always have this on my work space, it adds stability to my wood counter), MS Score Board, Cricut Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Inkadinkado Acrylic Stamp Blocks, Sizzix Big Shot, Nestabilities Circles; Small, Nestabilities Scalloped Circles; Small, Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (15 in. x 18 in.), Glossy Accents, White super 3d Foam Squares; White 3d Foam Circles, Scotch Double Sided Scrapbook Tape, Glue Dots 3/16”, Fiskars Embossing Border Punch; Winter Greeting, Stampin' Up! Curly Label Punch, Finger Dauber Sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...