Friday, December 5, 2014

You Rock, Dad!

So, I know this post is a little late, LOL... but here's the father's day card I made for my daddy this year! I figured I better post this before the year is done. :-/
I actually didn't realize that I had missed posting this, until I was creating back-up discs of all my posts. WHOOPSIE!!!!!!!!!!    FYI, he loved it!

here's a sneak peek, click below to see the rest...




So, this card was pretty simple to make; however, I kept fussin' over the paper. As in, which paper to use. I don't know why I don't keep "music note" or "sheet music" paper on hand, I really need to get a good collection of it because I actually use this Inkadinkado Rockstar set pretty often.


 The black background paper is actually Halloween paper. The opposite side of this sheet is filled with bats. I just really liked the design and it was actually one of the very few sheets I have that isn't too girly of a design.

I did quite a bit of distressing for this card, all of the edges are distressed. The sentiment is popped up with super 3d foam squares, while the rest of the card is just kept together with glue dots, with the exception of the left corner of the guitar. I always like to leave some parts of a masculine card NOT tacked down, if I can, because it gives it a little extra flare, without having to go girly on it.

For the image and the paper strip, I just used some eyelets and silver christmas string. Of course, I thought this would be a VERY QUICK and SIMPLE process. LOL, with me, nothing is ever quick and simple. haha. It took me about 30 minutes just to get THIS part of the card, right.
I originally used glue dots and put the 2 pieces together, that is, the strip and the image stack. well, after looking it, and seeing it "lined up" it just looked really blah, and adding the eyelets and string to go horizontal, it just looked to plain.
So, I took the 2 pieces apart and then staggered them, and that made it easier to see how cool the eyelets and string would look at a diagonal plane.
There was LOTS of double stick tape used to keep that silver string attached to the back of the paper. Glue dots weren't holding it, it's really "slick" string, it literally looks and feels like guitar string. I've been scouting the dollar stores for more of this stuff because it comes in handy for masculine cards. I've got in several colors; silver, gold, black, red and blue.

Here's a close up of the eyelets and the string. I just love how it turned out! Oh yeah, and the guitar image, silver crown and sentiment are all heat embossed. (supplies listed at bottom of blog post).

Here's another look at the inside. for the life of me, I can't remember who makes the little stamp set of the circle sentiment. But the "Love You" is from the Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Banners. I just love that set, SO versatile.

well, that's it for this card. At least I got it posted it now! LOL I really can't believe I missed it.
Below you'll find my supplies list, and be sure to check back in the next few days, I have a couple more projects to share. :)

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie



Supplies used:
Cardstock/Paper:
 Colorbok Blue (base, paper strip and image mat), White 80 lb. card stock (image and sentiment), TPC Studio Monster Mash Batty (black deco paper, double sided), Paper Studio Old World Winter 6 x 6 pad (music note paper).
Embellishments:
 Recollections Eyelets, silver shimmer ribbon, Recollections Ebony Embossing Powder, All Night Media Silver Embossing Powder
Ink Pads:  Versamark
Stamps: Inkadinkado Rockstar, MME All Is Bright

Tools:
 Slice glass mat (I always have this on my work space, it adds stability to my wood counter), MS Score Board, Cricut Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Inkadinkado Acrylic Stamp Blocks, Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (15 in. x 18 in.), Glossy Accents, White super 3d Foam Squares; Scotch Double Sided Scrapbook Tape, Glue Dots 3/16”, Crop-a-dile (teal), Creative Memories Corner Punch, Darice Heat Gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...