Monday, February 16, 2015

You're on my mind, Friend.

When my friend Mona sent me the Stampin' Up! Upsy Daisy set I was so happy. It's been a very long time since I've got to play with this set, since mine is still in storage clear across the U.S. Maybe one day I'll be reunited with my stuff. :( I miss all my awesome, amazing craft stuff. And plus, it's difficult to have stuff and know it's just sitting there unused, unloved, and so very much wanted! LOL

I have many friends, all of whom are very much loved. So, I used the Upsy Daisy stamp set to make a thinking of you card for a friend of mine. I am sure she will love it as much as I love her. :)

Here's a sneak peek, click below to see the rest of the pics.


I had a lot of fun making this card. The sentiment is straight forward and to the point and the flowers are pretty and BOLD. I used Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry to stamp the flowers. I love how pretty they are.

 I like the hexagon shape, so I used the Cuttlebug honeycomb embossing folder. I know it's not exactly hexagon, as in offset hexagons, but it's close enough. I buy what is in stock and what I can afford at the time I'm shopping.

The hexagon shape was easy to put onto the cardstock. I just inked up the raised design of the embossing folder with my Versamark pad and then I laid it on the cardstock. I rubbed over it carefully, with some pressure, but being sure not to shift the embossing folder because I didn't want the design to smear. I then heat embossed it in clear embossing powder from CTMH.

After I heat embossed it I used the TH ink applicator and my Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip inkpad and I did some distressing. I like how the color is darker at the top and gets lighter towards the bottom of the card. It was the exact look I was going for and it worked out perfectly.

I only used the embossing folder for stamping on part of the card, not the whole card. This way it was easy to stamp the sentiment and there wouldn't be any gaps in the words where the embossing powder would have resisted the ink of the sentiment.
I used Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise for the sentiment. I added 3 gems, 1 in each color to match the card colors.

The ribbon was fun to work with as well. I used some of the Lace from Spare Parts lace pack and I used some embroidery "friendship floss" and my tweezers to thread it in and out of the lace.
the pink ribbon is some shimmer ribbon that was 1/2" wide, and I just folded it over and used mini glue dots to hold it down underneath the lace. I LOVE how it turned out, so clean and pretty.

For the inside I used a few different colors of inkpads and mixed them on the stamp to get a tye-dye look to the image.

I added the 2nd sentiment stamp inside along with 3 mini gems to give some bling inside the card, too. :)



I love how this card came out. It's rare that I duplicate cards, but I think I'm going to make a few more of these, just switch up the colors. It's one of my favorite layouts and looks of a card that I've done in a while!

I have to thank Mona though, this card couldn't have been possible without her! :) So, here's a shout out to you, Mona! thanks for being such a great friend. <3

Thanks to y'all for coming and checking out my crafts, too! I hope ya enjoy. 

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...