Monday, April 13, 2015

Classic Birthday for my Dad

Today is my dad's birthday, so I had to make him a card. I fussed with a few different stamped images and ended up settling on the Motorcycle from Stampin' Up!

Here's a sneak peek, click below to see the card...





This card turned out looking like it was very simple to do, but I've just not been in a good mood lately and it took me 3 hours to make it. :-/ I kept putting it together and then taking it apart, and I finally settled on this.

I don't really have any cardstock or deco paper that goes well with vehicles, but I found this "map" sheet in my stash. I only had half a sheet of it, so I'm glad I found it because it worked perfectly with this card.

The black studs at the top right are from the Paper Studio-Spare Parts. They were originally silver and I just used a sharpie to color them black. The silver didn't stand out very well, so that's why I decided to color them.
I used some Offray Grosgrain orange ribbon to tie a small knot.

For coloring the motorcycle I used the bright blue from my Colorbox Pinwheel Petal Point ink pads. I also used SU! Only Orange to color the flame on the bike. Under the bike I used SU! Certainly Celery and SU! Glorious Green.
I also used my Ranger Ink Applicator to smear some inks around the bottom and back of the bike to give shadow and depth. for that I used SU! Chocolate Chip, SU! Only Orange and SU! Bashful Blue.
For the sentiment I punched out some white cardstock with the SU! Curly Label punch and then I hand wrote the sentiment on it.


I used a lot of 3d foam squares to pop everything up off the card. It looks real nice this way.
On the inside I put a white piece of cardstock that I inked the edges with SU! Only Orange and then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Inkadinkado Collaged Expressions.


Well, that's my only card for now. I'll be making more this week sometime. LOTS of Birthdays coming up, along with Mother's Day and Father's Day. They'll be here before I know it!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...