Thursday, April 7, 2016

Big Update! BIG Life Changes!!

Hey Ya'll!! I know it's been a while since I've last updated. When I last posted, I was working on doing lots of updates here, catching up on posting cards that I had missed posting when they were completed!
Well, I wasn't able to finish updating because life threw a [GOOD] wrench into things. Hubby and I have moved, across country!!! We left Las Vegas and moved to Vermont!!



We've been here almost a month, and we are LOVING it!!! We are still working on getting settled in, but that's going to take a little bit longer than we expected. When we moved here in 2013 and had to abruptly leave for Vegas, we had put all of our stuff in storage here (we knew we'd make it back someday!!). Upon unloading stuff, we came to a quick realization that 95% of the "furniture" we had in storage here had been ruined. The concrete floor in the storage unit had cracked across the unit, from the inside wall and the outside wall, and from the front of the unit where the seal on the door is. Over time, water/moisture from the snow and rain (and there is definitely plenty of that here!) had seeped in. All of our wood furniture had gotten ruined. It got wood rot and was overtaken by mold/mildew. I lost my circa 1800 solid maple antique desk, all of my bookshelves for my craft room (3), we lost 2 dressers, a small armoire, a wooden filing cabinet, and our couch. Our love seat survived, it was up off the floor on top of a metal and plastic stand, our 60 inch tv survived, and thankfully, all of our boxes survived (90% of which are my craft stuff), they were in a separate area of the storage unit.
We got our pod unloaded that was shipped here to Vermont from Vegas, and I now have triple the amount of craft supplies! I have ordered some bookshelves and I will be able to pick them up on the 15th, so I'll be able to actually start unpacking all these boxes that are literally taking over our apartment!!

Anyhow, I do have quite a bit of time on my hands until I'm able to start unpacking so I will be able to start on my updates to my blog again. I only have a couple more cards to post and then I'll be all caught up! I was also able to make my 1st card here at our new apartment, I finished it this morning, so I'll be posting that later on today!

Well, that's all for now, I just thought I'd update and let ya'll know why I went mia for so long.

Thanks for stopping by, and come back soon to see more crafty fun!!

Keep on Craftin'!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...