Saturday, February 6, 2016

Almost Caught Up! 2 Halloween Cards

Hi again! I'm back with another update, still catching up on my Halloween card posts. I have 2 Halloween cards to show you here, and then I only have 1 Halloween card left, and can move on to my couple of Thanksgiving and Christmas card posts.
Whewwww, I've gotten a lot of my blog posts done over the last couple days. I hope you like everything I've shared with you.

Check out the previews for these 2 cards and then click below to see the rest of the details and the pics!

Card # 1 Preview


Card # 2 Preview


**NOTE: This post is VERY image heavy!! If you're on dsl or a slower internet connection, please give the page a few moments to load**

Card # 1 was for a friend of ours in Vermont, and her SO and kids. They loved the card!
I had such a blast making this one! There was a LOT of steps involved, but I think it paid off because the card turned out AMAZING!

For the background behind the unicorn image I ran some white cardstock through my Sizzix Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used a brayer and different colored inks (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple) to give some color to the embossed piece.

The image I colored is an image I got from a "how to draw" website, HERE. I printed the image on white cardstock and then die cut it out with the Stampin' Up! Top Note die.

 The flowers I used to to stack are a mix of Recollections and Prima. I didn't have any light purple, blue or green flowers left on hand, so I used an inking sponge and different colored inks to give them the colors I wanted. I held all the flowers together with a Recollections mini white brad and then I used lots of glossy accents to glue the flower cluster to the card.

The skull and crossbones is a piece of chipboard from one of the Tim Holtz chipboard sets. I covered the piece of chipboard in several layers of green ink from one of my Colorbox catseye sets. I heat set the ink to make sure it was dry. Then I covered it in a thick layer of versamark and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. It made the piece of chipboard very hard and glossy. It turned out really cool! I used a few small glue dots and some glossy accents to adhere it to the card.

After coloring the unicorn I used Magical Mica Pigment Powders from Lindy's Stamp Gang. I mixed the powder with a little bit of water to paint the whole white space. It gave it a nice shimmery look.
 Lots of shimmer and shine.

To enhance the "rainbow" affect that I made elsewhere on the card (in the image coloring and on the background spaces), I used more Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple. I used gems on the top left and bottom right of the image. I paired each gem with a coordinating piece of friendship bracelet thread.

Here you can see LOTS of shine. Over each part of the bites and tears of the unicorn I put glossy accents, that way it made the unicorn come to "life" so to speak. LOL

The inside of the card. I did a real messy job here, and it was FUN! I used the Cricut to cut out a spiderweb in black cardstock. I used the Hello Kitty that I found on Google as a printable. I resized it in my photo program. I printed it out on white cardstock and then colored it and inked the edges. I cut a 2nd circle out of green cardstock and layered the image on top of the spiderweb. I adhered it to the card with glossy accents.

This card has lots of dimension to it. I just love it!

I love how deep I was able to get the green on the skull and crossbones chipboard.


I hope you liked my 1st card! Here's the 2nd card...

Card # 2 was for our friend who lives in Brazil. She really liked this card!

 This card was so fun to make! I cut the spiderweb out with the Cricut and then I used a paint brush to spread stardust Stickles all over it.

In each of the 4 corners of the card I used a skittle that I hand dyed orange. They tie in nicely with the orange gems that I put on the scalloped circled by the stamped image.

 The image I used is an Imaginisce stamp. I stamped the girl in memento ink and then colored her with my prismacolored pencils and blended with gamsol (odorless mineral spirits). I used some purple Stickles on the scrolls on her face and on her heart. While I waited for the Stickles to dry I assembled the whole card. Once the stickles dried I fussy cut the girl out and attached her to the green circle I cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I mounted that green circle on a scalloped circle cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities and then I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot again and embossed the scalloped circle to give it more dimension.


I used some lace from The Paper Studio ribbon scrap pack. I threaded some purple friendship bracelet thread through each of the larger alternating holes. I used glue dots and attached some green fuzzy shimmer ribbon behind the lace.
I used 5 mini Prima flowers. I didn't have a green flower, so I inked the edges of a white flower. The card needed more green to tie in with the circle that I used.

On the inside of the card I just used green cardstock to write on. I used the cute printable that I found on Google Images and printed it out. I cut it out with the Stampin' Up! Decorative Label punch. I inked the edges with some purple ink and then attached it to the card with glossy accents.

I mailed the card to my friend in Brazil 3 weeks before Halloween, and she still didn't get it on time! She received it about 2 weeks after Halloween. But, when she got it and opened it, she loved it!! :)

Well, that's all for this post. I only have 1 more Halloween card to show you, then 5 Thanksgiving cards and just a few Christmas cards and then I can get on to posting my regular non-holiday cards. I'm working fast at getting everything posted and caught up. I hope you like what I've shared with you.
Be sure to check back soon, I have more to show you!!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...