Friday, March 15, 2019

I was an ASS and CASE'd a Birthday card!

I was an ASS, I CASE'd a card and busted my ass doing it! HAHA!

Not really, but I just got this ADORABLE, funny, punny stamp set and I had to bust it open and get it inked up to make for mine and Hubby's 2nd dad, our best friends dad who we call Papa Mike.
Here is a preview of the card, click the link below to see the rest...


This card is made from the Unity Stamp Co. "Jack {ass}"

There was a card on the website with the stamp set, showing a cute way of how they used the set to make the card. I liked the layout of the card, but for me, it was a little too CAS (clean and simple). So, I used the card as a layout sketch for my card and I really like how it turned out.

I started with the white cardstock. I used Stampin' Up! Taken with Teal to stamp the sentiment with. I distressed the edges with my scissors and then inked the edges with Memento Tuxedo Black. I made a few tear here and there. Then I cut the stripped teal paper. I distressed and inked the edges and made some coordinating tears. I used 3 Recollection Brads in the corners. I adhered the whole mat to the brown and orange stripped cardstock. I distressed and inked the edges with more black and made a few tears.


I colored the little ass (hehe!) with prismacolored pencils and blended with gamsol to get the shading and coloring that I wanted. After coloring him, I tediously fussy cut him out. I used some black embroidery floss like I saw the brown straw on the original card from the Unity Stamp Co. website. I just used a dab of Glossy Accents where the knot is to glue the thread down.

I used 1/2" thick 3d foam dots to pop the cute little ass up off the cardstock. I able to get the embroidery floss glued down underneath the foam dots, so I don't have to worry about it falling off.


For the inside of the card I distressed the Bazzil cardstock because it was 2-toned, so by distressing the edges with the scissors I got a teal and brown distress. Then I cut some white cardstock to size and distressed and inked the edges with black ink.
I totally forgot to get a pic of the inside before I wrote his note, LOL


I had stamped a simple Happy Birthday but didn't like it, so I stamped the 1st top sentiment in the Taken with Teal and the 2nd bottom in Chocolate Chip. I used the SU! Decorative Label Punch to punch it out and adhered it with ZOTS and lots of Glossy Accents for a strong hold.

That little heart with eyelashes and a smile-that's my signature mark that I put on ALL of my cards and letters (letters to Hubby, pen pal letters, letters for swaps, etc).

I LOVE how this card turned out, and I foresee many more cute ass cards being made with this set. haha!

Thanks for stopping by to check it out.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...