Thursday, August 24, 2017

Fun Owl Birthday Celebration

I made this CUTE birthday card for our best friend Jenn. I won't lie, I had a very difficult time making this card! I put stuff on, took it apart and did a lot of re-positioning to get it to a place where I really liked it. I don't "really" like it, but it's cute anyhow.

Here's a sneak peek, click below to see the rest.

So as you can see, this card has a LOT of dimension to it. That just made it look so much better than it being so flat.

Here's the whole card. I went with Red, which I was lucky to have so much red to use, red is her favorite color. Aren't the little owls SO cute??? They were so ready for the party.


I made a rosset and cut out the "let's party" from one of the pages in the paper pad, and adhered it to the rosset. I used some of the balloon string and made it curly and added that to the top corner.



Those owls are ready to party with all that cake!!! of course, I had to use part of the paper pad with lots of candles...she is gettin' up there in age. hehe. I made little flags of the owl and candle paper.
I added a circle and a scalloped circle to put the cake on, it just looked too plain and blended in too much. It looks much better .

On the inside I used a Happy Birthday stamp and cut out the make a wish from the tablet.

I think this card turned out ok, what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...