Tuesday, August 14, 2018

All moved in-working on unpacking and a Medical update

Hey Y'all! Hubby Hazen and I made it back home to our adopted home state of Kentucky last month. It's been a hard 2 months, trying to get settled, resting up from the long trip, taking care of all that needs done with the car registration, etc.

I have my own craft room again, and have been S.L.O.W.L.Y. working on getting it unpacked and organized. A friend was supposed to come over last weekend and help me unpack it and organize it but she got called in to work.





If you remember, back in 2015 I have a colon resection and intestine surgery. The doctors took 80% of my colon and 75% of my intestine. I've been having a LOT of health issues since then, the surgery didn't help the problem that they did it for to begin with, and to top it off, I'm in a worse situation now. I can't really lift anything heavy, and bending and twisting a lot is very painful.

I had 2 seizures during surgery and came out on life support and was on it for 3 days (even though I had a DNR on file, the dr's and hospital completely ignored it). For 3 months after surgery I had problems with my memory, I was losing days and time, I continued to have seizures and pass out, I passed out and fell down a flight of stairs, I was having several issues with my blood pressure and was having trouble with all of my wounds healing (as you all know I have Lupus (sle), so that makes it hard for me to heal as my body fights off all the good stuff). I was on steroids, antibiotics and pain meds for nearly a year after surgery and I was on home health for a year and a half!

Well, since surgery I've been to several doctors because I have severe pain in my stomach and on my right side where surgery was done. If I lift anything more than about 5 pounds or so it feels like someone is slicing my stomach open and I get a really bad pulling and tearing pain. It turns out I have a hernia, as a result of a partially botched surgery. Not only that, when my surgeon did my surgery he sutured my intestine to my stomach lining because there was so little intestine left, there nothing for it to "rest" on. Also during surgery, for part of it my surgeon used a robotic arm (which I never signed a release for him to be able to do, and by Nevada state law (where I was living at the time) I was supposed to be informed he may be using a robotic arm, and I never was. While using the robotic arm, he knicked my urethra and I now have urinary issues. After several tests with a urologist it turns out that the knick didn't heal properly and I have a bubble in my urethra. I have trouble urinating and I now have to self cath anytime I need to urniate.

So, for 4 years I've been seeing doctor after doctor and I finally found a doctor who found all of the issues with my stomach. But, in order for my hernia to be repaired, due to where it is, I have to have my intestines unsutured, have the hernia repaired and have my instestines sutured back to my stomach lining. The dr. said it's about a 3 1/2 hour surgery and I am extremely high risk due to my sleep apnea and previous issues during and after surgery.
So once I get my 2nd insurance issued here I will find a new doctor and have my records sent from my old doctor in Vermont so that I can get the necessary procedure(s) done to fix my issues.

I was told that I had a VERY good lawsuit against the surgeon by 2 of my gastro doctors (discussed during follow up visits after surgery) because I have severe ongoing and new existing health issues as a direct result of the mistakes made by the surgeon and my rights being violated. After surgery I did call several attorneys; however, there were SO many open lawsuits against the surgeon and his office, I couldn't find a lawyer to take on my case because they were all individual lawsuits, not a class action lawsuit, so too many lawyers had too many cases on their hands to add another to their workload. At last check, the doctor is no longer performing surgeries, which is a good thing, but I don't know the outcome of any of his cases. Unfortunately, the statute of limitations is almost up, and I'm still not able to find a lawyer that has an opening to take on my case. I talked to 2 attorneys who said that my rights were violated when they recessitated me and kept me on life support for 3 days, even though I had a DNR, but that was all the doctors choice as well, not the choice or mistake of the hospital themselves, so there again is more of an issue.


Well, anyways, while dealing with all of this pain, I'm trying to get my craft room unpacked and organized as quickly as I can.
My blog is fully updated, up to date with all of my crafts that I've done over the last few years. Most people ask me why I even bother having a blog, but I tell them it's because when I do craft I like to have a place to put pics of everything to share with everyone!

Anyhow, I am hoping to have my craft fully unpacked and organized by the end of this month and be able to start crafting again next month. I've already got 3 orders for custom Halloween cards, so I need to get the ball rolling!

Anyways, just wanted to do a quick update.

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...