Thursday, February 28, 2019

Flower Explosion! Card in a Box!

It's been quite a while since I've done a "Card in a Box". They seem so tedious and time consuming, but really they aren't! I should do these more often as they are really fun to do and always turn out SUPER CUTE!!!
Click below to see...



Isn't this just the COOLEST card EVER?!?! I have made about 8 or 9 of these cards; however, I could NOT put here in my blog because they were special orders and the purchasers didn't want them published.
But they are so fun to do and they always turn out looking amazing! I've seen ones that are WAY more elaborate than this one, but I think simple can be fun and cute, too!

This one is for a friend, a belated birthday...well, sort of! I had made her a card, and it didn't get mailed on time and now it's been misplaced. I think I accidentally put it in an envie with some swap items that were mailed out. *sad* So, I took 45 minutes and made a new one!



A side view of the card to show how much dimension and detail it has. LOTS of 3D foam pop ups were used for this card for the butterflies and the 2 sentiments.

the top sentiment is from the Sizzix Hero Arts "Message Frames" set. For the flowers and leaves I used Sizzix Hero Arts "Floral" stamps and coordinating dies.

 For the butterflies I used Sizzix Hero Arts "Butterflies # 3" and coordinating dies.

I used "Star Dust" Stickles on the butterflies, some of the glitter is visible, some isn't, but it is on ALL of the butterflies.
The tan and pink flowered pattern paper is a Michael's brand, from the Melodies and Lace collection; however, I only had enough to make these small flap pieces with it because I got the paper in a craft swap a while back.



The Happy Birthday sentiment is some of my handmade card candy. I used the SU! Four Frames and Decorative Label punch in Pixie Pink and the Happy Birthday from the SU! "Itty Bitty Banners" set. I stamped that in Blue and added 2 pink gems to each side (they look red, but they are pink!)


This is what the card looks like when it's "collapsed". this makes it easy for mailing. And as soon as the recipient opens it, everything pops right back up into the place it's supposed to be. I just have to use a little extra cardstock on each side of the card to protect the gems from getting smashed in the sorting machines. These cards are always mailed out as "DO NOT BEND" because if they are bent, it can tear the middle pieces inside and cause everything to fall out.


Well, I hope you like this fun and creative card. Check back soon as I'll have more crafts to share in a week or so.

Thanks for stopping by!
Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...