Friday, March 1, 2019

Flower and Butterfly Explosion! Card in a Box!

Here's another explosion card in a box that I made. These things are SO addicting to make. I've seen some that are SO elaborate that I can't even imagine how the creators got everything jam packed inside. But me, I like things a little less crowded and just 1 or 2 focal elements.
So, Here's another EXPLOSION Card in a Box! 
Click below to see...
THIS card in a box is for my GF for her birthday-a bit belated because it should have been mailed the beginning of February, but somehow it got pushed to the side with several other envies that needed to be mailed at a later date. I goofed!!! But, I really hope that this card makes up for that. I hope she'll put this on her desk at work and have something cute to look at!


There really are 2 focal points to this card, the top sentiment and the birthday card candy that I made by layering a sentiment from the SU! Itty Bitty Banners with a hexagon from the SU! "Six Sided" Sampler on top of a punched Decorative Label with the SU! "Four Frames" set.

Here's a view from the side of the card, I wanted to show you that I made a bit of dimension to the card by using 3D foam pops. I even used one on the birds wing, it turned out cute!

The bird and leaf twig is from the SU! "Language of Friendship" set. I stamped the bird in SU! Bashful Blue and the leaf twig in SU! Certainly Celery. I used the SU! Bird Punch to punch out the pieces. I layered the bird on the sentiment from the Sizzix Hero Arts "Message Frames" set. This is stamped in SU! Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac and Tempting Turquoise. 

I LOVE how I was able to get the flowers and butterfly to layer and still be able to clearly see the sentiment on the top layer. It wasn't easy! I actually had to cut some of the tiny leaves off of the vines. But, in doing so I was able to layer them exactly how I wanted and it came out SO cute!
I used Star Dust Stickles on the middles of the flowers and also on the butterfly (on all of the butterflies on the card) and I added 2 diamonds to this butterfly.

This is the card candy that I made with the SU! "Itty Bitty Banners", "Six Sided Sampler" and "Four Frames". I added 2 cute pink gems to the end of the sentiment.
The green background deco cardstock is from the 6" x 6" Bo Bunny Ambrosia pad.


You can see the glitter spots I've added to the butterflies! Just gives it that extra sparkle, one can never have enough sparkle in their life!

I used opposite colored butterflies on the other side.


Well, that's it for this card, I have one more craft project to share with y'all, but that will get posted this weekend, so be sure to come back and check it out!
As always, thanks for stopping by to check out my crafty makes!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...