Friday, March 15, 2019

Grand Baby Turns 2!--EDITED POST for changed details

***NOTE: This post has been edited to add pictures of the last minute changes that I made to the inside of Cambria's Birthday card. I will leave the original inside photo here, but under that I'll put the photos of what the finished inside looks like that I decided to glam up and change at the last minute (the day before we went to see her for her Birthday!)

Howdy my crafty friends! Today I'm here to share a card that I made over the evening last night into this morning. I was up late, didn't sleep at all!!! I'm exhausted, but I got a LOT done! 6 cards total. I only have to share to share at the moment as I have to fix a few things on the other 4 that I made.

Anyhow, for this card, it's a cute little card for our Grand Daughter Cambria. I had SO much fun making this card! It's just ADORBS!!!!
Click below to see the card...



So, here it is, in all it's adorable cuteness!!! I can just picture Cambria cuddling up on the couch with her doggy, Jack Jack, so I thought this was a perfect image to use for her card.


My main base is Bazzil cardstock, my 2nd base is Michael's brand cardstock. I don't know the company of the deco paper as it wasn't marked. I cut the corners of the image and the mat it's on (matching Bazzil cardstock to the main base).

I used the Inkadinakado "Collaged Expressions" for the Happy Birthday and You.
I water colored the doggy, balloon and bird with my SU! Blender Pen with the following colors:
SU! Going Gray (Doggy), SU! Bashful Blue (bird and doggy collar and bow), SU! Daffodil Delight and SU! YoYo Yellow (all bird), and CTMH Baby Pink (balloon).
I used "Star Dust" Stickles on the doggy collar and bow. I also used Glossy Accents on the doggy's nose and the bird beak.

The image is from SU! Bella and Friends, an image I received in a swap.
I wanted to be kinda "clever" with this card regarding the sentiment. So, I did "Happy Birthday" and the # 2 in the balloon, not only for "Happy Birthday 2 You", but because she is turning 2! I don't know, I thought it was cute, so I went with it!!!


I diecut the border from an unbranded die I got off wish.com early last year. This is only my 4th time using it, the other times I used it for swaps. I couldn't decide if I wanted the border to end directly at the edge of the image mat, so I tried it both way and I really liked this way better.

Here is a better picture of the glitter border, it's "silver" NOT white. It's SU! Glitter cardstock, and when I say glitter, I mean GLITTER!!! Last time I used this cardstock I was still finding glitter in my hair a week later, after showering every day!!! LOL It's super fine!


For the balloon, I wrote the # 2 in Tombow black ink and gave it a little swirl on the top and bottom. I covered the whole balloon in Glossy Accents so that it has a nice shine to it. I mean, I know she's only 2, but this card will be going in her memory book, so I wanted to put out all the stops that I'd normally do for any other card.

For the glitter ribbon I simply took strands of double sided (acid and lignin free) and I taped it to some clear acetate (so it would peel off easily) and I covered it in Barbara Trombley's "Hot Kiss" Art Glitter. I rolled it into each of the the tape strips really hard with my rubber brayer and then shook it off over some scrap paper (so I could pour the excess back in the jar). There was minimal coverage so I had to redo the same steps 3 times. I LOVE how it came out! So glittery!
I'm not really worried about glitter getting everywhere because she won't be handling the card much, it will be out of reach once she sees it.

***This is the 'original' inside of the card--see below for the change I made.
I didn't do anything fancy for the inside, just a cute quote from the SU! "Happiest Birthday Wishes" (Hostess Set 2 of 2). The edge of the rubber got a little ink on it so it left little lines above the sentiment, but that's ok. After looking at it, it kinda looks like eyebrows, LOL how funny!

***So, here is FINAL inside of Cambria's card. The original stamped Birthday sentiment is still there on the card base, I just made this inside on white cardstock and covered it. It was just too plain. Because Tiff keeps all of their cards and puts them in their memory books, I wanted it to be more than just a plain inside. It had to have her name on it. So this is what I came up with.


I put a medium PINK gem over the "i" in her name. The pink is kinda hard to tell, so I got the best pic I could.
I'm sooooo glad that I decided to go with a more decorated inside because it really came together and tied in well with the front of the card.


Well, I hope that you enjoyed this card and that I gave you some inspiration on different ways and techniques to make cards using different items.
Thanks for stopping by, check back soon as I have another AWESOME crafty project to show you!

Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...