Thursday, December 29, 2022

Meowy Christmas

Every year fur Christmas (and birthdays, valentines day) I either buy or make (usally make) a card for Hubby from the furbabies. This year we have 2 furbabies, not just 1, Stormy got a BROTHER! Our newest boy just turned 10 months old (to the day) on Dec 26th. We got him when he was exactly 5 wreks old and bottle fed him til he was 3 months old (he begged for it and wasn't doing well eating wet or dry food til then). So I got to make this card and I put all the personality of our new boy into it! 
Click below to see what I came up with!



For this card, I used a combination of 4 stamp sets and their coordinating dies! I stamped ALL of the images in Memento Black and colored everything with my prismacolor pencils and did all the blending and shading. The 2 kitties are colored to look just like our boy Sparky (top) and our girl Stormy (bottom), their exact markings and colorings. I just ***LOVE*** how they turned out!

The stamps I used are:
1. 'O Christmas Tree by Hello Bluebird (this is a complete build a scene set)
2. Purrfect Day by Heffy Doodle
3. Whiskers by Avery Elle
4. A VERY old Walmart brand Christmas stamp set for the "Snow" word that I pieced into the kitty set phrase

Isn't ir ADORABLE???  Yes, I know the tree and star are wonky, that's on purpose! If you look closely, Sparky is perched on the kitty tree (I only used half of it, it was way too tall of an image to use it all) and is leaning on the tree and pulling at the lights. I thought it'd be cute to make him do this since I'm sure that's what he'd do if we had a real tree. 
*We only had a mini 18 in. tree on the mantel this year. When I was on the floor putting it together he chomped down on the top of the tree and ran through the house and down the hallway with it ugh! He also SLAPPED it off the mantel the next day. So, I know THIS would be him with a real tree! I put little marks around the tree to suggest movement, too. 
Quite a bit of the stuff on the card is 3D popped up with 3D foam tape. I thought this was better than everything being flat.
This is our girl Stormy! This is her 13th Christmas (she turned 13 this past Oct). She's such a beautiful long hair domestic baby. I out her on a rug with colors of one of her fav blankies and a yarn ball and 1 mousie. She honestly isn't much for toys, she likes ribbons and the laser toy, that's it. We've tried everything over the years, she's my ESA, trained to do certain actions and know what to do at certain times when I need her, but everytime I ever tried to get her to play she never really wanted to, except with ribbon, bags and the laser. She's the sweetest most cuddly kitty ever!
And this is Sparky! Little butthead he is! Haha!!! He just turned 10 months old. He's such a lover, a good player and sooo rambunctious! He's definitely got a naughty streak there's no doubt about that, but he is the biggest lover kitty we've ever had!!!
This knocked over water bowl is a little easter egg for hubby. Sparky went through a phase of knocking over his water bowl. We thought it was because he didn't like tap water, or it was the temp of the water, but nope it was because he was seeing his reflection in the bowl and was playing in the water! So we had to change his bowl. It was annoying, but as playful as he is I'm surprised we didn't realize it sooner. 
Just a Meowy little Christmas greeting!
I used 2 stamps to make this phrase. Sparky got to feel snow for the 1st time on Christmas day, to say he wasn't impressed is an understatement. LOL But, he likes watching it fall!
Some 3D pressies and LOTS of mousies and fishies! He loves his mousie & fishie toys the mostest, he has TONS all over the house, he's never bored, that's for sure!
Look at his naughty little paws and that cute little smile! He knows he's doing bad vy knocking that tree around, but he don't care! Haha.

Well, this was hubby's Christmas card. He loved it! I hope you had a Happy Holiday, whatever it is that you celebrate. 

Come back soon, I have more to share!
Keep on Craftin'
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...