Monday, May 2, 2011

Mothers Day Cards...

I figured it was high time I got my butt in gear and got to work on my mothers day cards!
I had 3 cards to make, 1 for my mother, my grandma and my mother-in-law. So, ya wanna see them???


I know they will all like them, and this is so much better than buying someone a store bought card (which is really what I thought I was going to have to do cause of the time restraint!)

I've been SO very busy the last week or so, between physical therapy from my car accident and studying for my math final and my graduation exit exam. Today, I took my math final AND my graduation exit exam. I passed my math final and I passed my graduation exit exam! I'm SUPER happy and extremely proud of myself!! As is my husband and family proud of me. :)

Anyhow, here are the mothers day cards I made yesterday!

Here is the card I made for my ma. I used a mixture of prima and recollections for the flowers. for the ribbon I used 2 different kinds of ribbon. I ran them both through my mini X xyron, and then layered them on the paper on top of each other. I printed the sentiment with my printer from word (I made sentiment up myself!). I used small gems on the corners of the image and ends of the sentiment. On her dress at the bottom, I used stickles to put dots along the bottom to cover the circles that were on the dresses image. I also used a small amount of stickles on the bow in her hair. I put glossy accents over her eyes which I colored blue, so when you're holding the card, it's really life like. I also used pink chalk to make her cheeks pink. I colored her dress, cape and boots to match the colors of the card.
The charm is hung by thin pink beading wire and then wrapped around the brad underneath the flower. The charm is an actual charm, which is her GIFT for mothers day, she can put it on her necklace. I really hope she likes it :)

Click to ENLARGE--Click BACK to return here.


Here is the card I made for my grandma... the same as my ma's but i just put the image on the opposite side, I changed the sentiment, I printed it out of word, and of course, changed up the paper and flowers and colors of the image. I didn't put any jewelry charm on this one because my grandma doesn't wear jewelry, so I just put a plastic gold love charm, again, hung from the thin (very pliable) beading wire. I colored her dress, and cape to match the colors of the paper, as well as matching the colors of the flower to the paper and the yellow flower ties in by matching the color of the bird. I used stickles on her dress and hair bow and gems on the image and sentiment and glossy accents on her blue eyes. I used pink chalk to give her pink cheeks. The ribbon is a single line of deco ribbon.


Click to ENLARGE--Click BACK to return here.

This is the card I made for my mother-in-law. I don't usually use paper with bright colors but my mother-in-law is a white lady disguised as a puerto rican, LOL so she likes bright colors. I used an assortment of recollections flowers. I used orange gems (matching her cape) and I layered 3 different ribbons to match the paper and flower. I used stickles on her dress and hair bow and glossy accents on her blue eyes. I used pink chalk to give her pink cheeks. There is a silver scalloped circle "love" charm that is a piece of jewelry that she can put on her necklace.

Click to ENLARGE--Click BACK to return here.
Well, these are my cards, they are going out in tomorrows mail... priority to my mom and grandma (just mailing them to my mom she will give grandma hers--they live literally around the corner from each other, you can see each others house from each others yard, LOL) and regular to my mother-in-law since she just lives a town over from me and it will get to her in one day (but she lives too far to drive, 2 1/2 hours).

I hope you have enjoyed what I've made! I've enjoyed looking at everyone's creations today but I'm so far behind on posts cause I just haven't had time to read anything! I've barely been on my computer at all the last week.

Have a great week everyone.
Keep on scrappin' and please, be kind to one another.
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...