Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another Birthday Card!

Grandma's bday is on the 14th, but grandpa's is on the 22nd. So tonight I threw together a quick card. I have to admit making a masculine card is very difficult, but I just picked some NON girlish colors and went with it. lol took me 10 minutes to craft this while chatting with my friend Laurie on Skype. :) I wanted to go with a "retro" look since my grandpa is older. LOL (much older! haha)


So, here is the card. the image from inkadinkado was stamped in versamark and then heat embossed in black. I took my embossing glue pen and colored the flames in with it and then covered them in orange embossing powder and heat embossed them. I put star dust stickles on the flames so when you move the card it looks like they are sparking. (it's cool!)
I just used some stripped grosgrain ribbon and tied a knot. I used zots (glue dots) to hold down the ribbon and attach the image. I inked the image edges iwth colorbox stacked ink. I used a corner punch that my BFF Leslie gave me to round the corners. the deco paper is from the FAT stack that I got from LTD commodities. inside the card I stamped a birhtday wishes sentiment from Scrappy Cat (no pic of inside of card shown, sorry!)

Enjoy!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...