Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Card for Grandma!

Hey there friendly followers! I just thought I'd share a card I made last night. This is a birthday card for my grandma.


 it turned out a LOT better than I had imagined it would when I sketched it out! I recently got a new stamp set from Stampin' Up. it is called Essence of Love. I really like it! when stamping the main focal image I decided I wanted to do a 2 tone image. I used SU Chocolate Chip ink for the bottom part, glorious green to ink the clover and pink passion for the top part.
I used the flowered image from the set and the butterfly. I used ballet blue and pale plum for the butterflies. I made an extra butterfly in each color and then adhered it with a rolled up "zot" (glue dot) and then glossy accents (to give it a stronger hold) then I stickled the wings in diamond stickles so that they would sparkle! I also stickled the circles of the sentiment. Sentiment is from SU! Circle of Friendship.

I used my embossing tool to give the wings a little curve by wrapping them gently around the end of it. Added a few prima pearls and a hand tied bow (NO easy bow or anything like that used, I hand tied this puppy, first try haha!) The cardstock is from the 6x6 fairy flora pad from prima.

I hope you like this card as much I do!! I told hubby that I'm going to have to buy a few more 6x6 pads of this paper just to be able to recreate this card over and over. LOL

Thanks for looking!!


here is a pic of the card on it's back so u can see the 3d elements :)

Keep on Scrappin', and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...