Friday, September 23, 2011

Gimme a BEEP! BEEP! Car card for my sis!

So, my baby sister (she'll be 19 in December) just got her drivers license! I am so proud of her. She has had a few mishaps around the neighborhood and she backed into ma and daddy's cinder block wall in the yard, but that is excusable because she was trying to get used to driving dads new truck. She was nice though and helped ma and daddy fix the wall. :)

So, in honor of her getting her drivers license, I made her a card! this card turned out SO cute, a lot more cute than I had imagined! :)


My sis isn't really a "girly girl". she isn't into real girly stuff so I tried to pick some paper that at least somewhat matched the image I was using.
I used the penny black "mimi about town" stamped image. since the flowers were a particular kind of flower, I was lucky enough to have some flowered cardstock on hand that matched that specific type of flower. I am not quite sure who the paper is by, I got a lot of 6x6 papers from a gal in my scrapbooking group so I just pulled it from that selection she sent me.
I colored the image with prismas and blended with gamsol. I used little gems on the flowers on the car as well as the flower on mimi's hair. I used 4 smaller gems, one each corner of the sentiment. I typed the sentiment in word and just changed two of the words font to a different font to make them stand out more.

I am not sure where or how the flourishes were made, I got them in a swap. they were all put together and a lot bigger, but I just cut them up into separate pieces, 2 for the image and then one long piece that I slipped onto the strip of paper under the crocheted flower. The flourishes were on green paper but I wanted them brown, so I used my SU! chocolate chip ink pad and I just put them face down and rubbed them on the ink pad (I will say, this technique WILL stain your fingers, and it takes a while to get the stain off!). The crocheted flower is handmade by my BFF Leslie.I used a recollections gem brad in the center of the crocheted flower.

I inked all of the edges of the cardstock of the card base, the image, the image mat, the sentiment and sentiment mat with Colorbox Queue ink pad. the card base and all colored cardstock is textured cardstock.

I put glossy accents on mimi's eyes, the door hinges, door handle, 2 pieces of the back bumper, the car headlight and the middle nuts of the wheels.

this card really did turn out very cute! :)














Thanks for stopping by!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...