Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy World Card Making Day

Contrary to popular belief, today is called "World Card Making Day", NOT "national card making day". Yes, it is true that in 2006 it did start out as "national card making day"; however, after it caught on, it was changed to "world card making day" and is now celebrated all over the world!
Here is a little history on it if you'd like to read: World Card Making Day.

So, in honor of World Card Making Day, I decided to make a pretty card! Even though I've been really down lately I figured I HAD to make something to contribute to this day! So, I made a card for my BFF Leslie. (shhhhh, hopefully she won't read my blog and ruin her surprise!) LOL



So, here is her card:
For this card I used the Penny Black "mimi and friend" image. I colored with prisma's and blended with gamsol. I accented the wings and eyes of the girls with glossy accents. On the pink flower and heart, and 2 buttons on pink dress I used glam pink stickles and then on the 2 blue flowers I used star dust stickles.

The chipboard flower and flourished leaf is from Special Moments chipboard flower set. I accented the flowers in the girls hair and the ribbon with gems. the chipboard flower already had a gem on it so I figured I would carry that to the rest of the card.

The white card base is textured cardstock as is the pink cardstock. I do not know the brand of the blue deco paper or the base deco paper (if you know, please leave me a comment and let me know). the friends word was cut out from some "friends" deco paper that had lots of words on it. it was just a scrap that i had left so I figured I could use just the one word.

The one thing I noticed is that the chipboard flower has every single color on it to match the "girls". it has the yellow for the one girls hair, it has a brown outline for the other girls hair, it has pink from one dress and blue from the other. I thought this was AWESOME. :)


Here is a pic of the card on it's back so you can see the 3-d items. :)




I hope that you like my card, and I hope my BFF will like it too!

Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another.
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...