Friday, October 14, 2011

Stickin' it to ya!!

LOL, how do you like my title line? This post is about holiday beaded stick pins that I created for a swap!

I had SO much fun doing this swap. this is the first time I have ever created stick pins, and I'm so addicted to it that I ended up making myself about 40 more just to have around.
Anyhow, here are the pics of the ones I made for a swap. The theme of the stick pins was "holidays". I picked Halloween, Valentines day and 4th of July (well, I should say I got "stuck" with 4th of july cause it was the only one left. I really wanted christmas!!!
Enjoy!



Here are the pics of the Halloween stick pins I made. I hope you like them.
This is a pic of all the stick pins of this holiday group. Below this pic you'll find close up pics of these pins that are more detailed. There are actually 3 of each type of pin because each of my 6 partners gets 3 pins from each holiday group.


CLICK ANY PIC FOR A BIGGER IMAGE THEN CLICK BACK TO GET BACK HERE.

Here are the valentines stick pins I did. there are 2 sets, a set I did for the swap and a set I did to keep for myself.

Below are 2 pics of the set I did for the swap. I colored the tips of some of them with one of the three copic markers I have (LOL, yes, just 3) and then left some of the tips pearl white as they originally came. The colored tips were colored with R39 (Garnet). I used silver dot spacers, white glass beads, pink glass beads, multicolored round glass beads, pink bicone beads and glass pink pearl beads.








Here are the beaded pins I made that I'm keeping for myself.






These are the halloween set I made.


Aren't they neat?


 I like these soooo much!!





So, what do you think?? For the tips, they were originally white pearl tips, but I colored them with one of the three copic markers i have. LOL the tips were colored with E59 (Walnut). I think it gives a nice touch as opposed to them being a white pearl. Halloween is in fall and fall is all about browns and oranges, so this fit well! I used silver spacer beads, crystal bi-cone beads, orange glass beads and silver glass beads. to hold the beads on I used a single dab of hot glue and twisted my finger around it to give it a flatter look so you couldn't really see the glue.


And finally, here are the 4th of july pins that I did. Even though I didn't originally want this group, I'm ok with the fact that I got it because my pins did turn out very nice. :)



I left all of the tips of this holiday themed set white. I though it would look nice. I used plastic glittered star beads, and then red, white and blue round plastic crystal beads. simple as that. took me 5 minutes to make this whole set that includes adding the beads and doing the gluing. :)

Well thanks for stopping by and looking, I hope you enjoyed viewing my creations!
Keep on Scrappin' and please, be kind to one another!
~Melisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! feel free to leave me a comment, I am always interested in what my readers think about my crafty creations! I reserve the right to delete any comment that is offensive or vulgar, and I will definitely delete ANY post that is SPAM. This does not mean I will delete your comment just because you say you do not like my work, but please just keep all language clean and help keep my blog clean and free of spam!
If you leave a comment, *PLEASE* click on "Subscribe by e-mail" so that follow up comments may be sent to you, because I *ALWAYS* reply to comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...